Honored Contributor

Re: Statement Necklaces - still in style?

@Whosits wrote:

I look at these and usually think "how ugly" and then my second thought is that it is going to be outdated fast. In my commuity, which is as far from New York or LA etc as possible, NO ONE wears fashion necklaces. But then I do have to say this is a backward place. LOL. I don't think QVC always shows the fashion that is common across the board in the US. It targets certain age groups and those folks buy what they like, which is cool. EG: Bob Mackie and what is to me, very old lady prints, Joan Rivers bee pins...who wears pins anymore? etc.

Wow, I think this post may be a record setter........!

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@dosey wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@dosey  

Happy Spring!  I tend to wear jewelry in boho fashion--layering several chains/pendants.  I do have friends who rock statement necklaces and I love the look on them.  

@winamac1

Oh that dark blue necklace is beautiful. Maybe even enough to force me out of my comfort zone!  😊

@magicmoodz

Hi, magic!  Happy Spring to you, too!  I spent a couple of hours looking at plants.  Didn't buy anything, yet.  I am replacing eight boxwoods and want to go by two more nurseries before I decide.

Here is Win's dark blue necklace in gold.  So pretty!

@winamac1

I just saw that, LOL.  Thanks!  That one is pretty too.  I think it just came in stock last week, but it wasn't yet in the store Saturday when I was there.  Thanks!!

Very pretty and can be wore with just about everything. May I ask what store did you get that from WInamac?

All were from J. Crew.  I buy 90% of my statement piece necklaces from J. Crew.  I occasonally find a nice one from Banana Republic.  The navy and crystal ones are fairly new and the navy sold out in the store early on.  I think a few are still online.   Smiley Happy

Thank you Winamac for replying. I love J. Crew and I will check out what is left online. Have a good  day.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Whosits wrote:

I look at these and usually think "how ugly" and then my second thought is that it is going to be outdated fast. In my commuity, which is as far from New York or LA etc as possible, NO ONE wears fashion necklaces. But then I do have to say this is a backward place. LOL. I don't think QVC always shows the fashion that is common across the board in the US. It targets certain age groups and those folks buy what they like, which is cool. EG: Bob Mackie and what is to me, very old lady prints, Joan Rivers bee pins...who wears pins anymore? etc.

I'm in a professional sales environment.  Almost all of the female reps I know wear necklaces such as these-statement pieces.   Many buy from J. Crew as I do.  I don't find J. Crew to be "out" at all, lol. 

ITA good one WIn!Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

@Whosits wrote:

OMG yes... Sounds like she/he can not pull of the look. Woman LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@dosey wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@dosey  

Happy Spring!  I tend to wear jewelry in boho fashion--layering several chains/pendants.  I do have friends who rock statement necklaces and I love the look on them.  

@winamac1

Oh that dark blue necklace is beautiful. Maybe even enough to force me out of my comfort zone!  😊

@magicmoodz

Hi, magic!  Happy Spring to you, too!  I spent a couple of hours looking at plants.  Didn't buy anything, yet.  I am replacing eight boxwoods and want to go by two more nurseries before I decide.

@winamac1

I just saw that, LOL.  Thanks!  That one is pretty too.  I think it just came in stock last week, but it wasn't yet in the store Saturday when I was there.  Thanks!!

Very pretty and can be wore with just about everything. May I ask what store did you get that from WInamac?

All were from J. Crew.  I buy 90% of my statement piece necklaces from J. Crew.  I occasonally find a nice one from Banana Republic.  The navy and crystal ones are fairly new and the navy sold out in the store early on.  I think a few are still online.   Smiley Happy

Thank you, WInamac I will check out  the J. Crew store online. Have a nice day! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@apple1964 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@dosey wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@dosey  

@winamac1

@magicmoodz

@winamac1

Thank you Winamac for replying. I love J. Crew and I will check out what is left online. Have a good  day.Woman Happy

You are welcome. Check out both J. Crew and Banana Republic.  There's a yellow one on J. Crew I very much want, but I'm trying not to cave!

Have a great day yourself!! Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

There are statement necklaces and there are statement necklaces. If you buy quality the stones will not fall out. If you buy inexpensive statement necklaces you get what you pay for garbage. It  is what it is.Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

@Whosits wrote:

Another hit and run trouble maker. Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

Pins on coats?? Of course!! I put a pin on my winter coat lapels. You would be surprised how many people notice and compliment me on the pins I use! I do not own any of JR's bee pins but I do own a blue crystal one she had about 5-6 years ago that I put on a dark gray pea coat. It always gets compliments.

My taste runs more towards Monet, Jones New York, Charter Club and Liz Claiborne styled pins. Some of Joan's bird pins are visually too large for me.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I can't do the really large jewelry, I have seen some on others that I thought were very nice, but I need medium sizes, so far I haven't seen that size that I want.
"To each their own, in all things".