Trusted Contributor

Statement Necklaces - still in style?

Are statement necklaces still in style or are they about to be out?  What do you think?

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

Re: Statement Necklaces - still in style?

They're still showing them in major fashion magazines.

"Style" has several but equal types.  You know Classic, and Bo Ho as examples.  

The newest "style division" is the small layered necklaces, but it isn't the only one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you like them wear them. I tend to wear simpler necklaces because I always think statement necklaces overwhelm me or my outfit. I have a friend who wears statement necklaces well so everyone is different. I have seen lots of long thin layered necklaces in fashion magazines lately. 

Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

Are statement necklaces still in style or are they about to be out?  What do you think?

I think I don't give a darn.  I'll wear whatever I enjoy, and I love statement necklaces.  It doesn't matter to me whatsoever whether they are "in" or "out" - they are always in for me.  Wear yours and enjoy them.  I'm sure you won't be arrested by The Fashion Police if in fact they are "out."

Valued Contributor

If you like a certain style,wear it with pride.

Respected Contributor

What I would like to know is what I'm suppose to do with my 2 "statement necklaces" that both lost one of the bigger weird shaped stones (these seem to be made very cheap). No way to replace or fix them (and yes I looked at Michaels etc). I guess you should buy 2 so that when you lose a stone on one you can replace it with one out of the other. I'm done with them.

Trusted Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

What I would like to know is what I'm suppose to do with my 2 "statement necklaces" that both lost one of the bigger weird shaped stones (these seem to be made very cheap). No way to replace or fix them (and yes I looked at Michaels etc). I guess you should buy 2 so that when you lose a stone on one you can replace it with one out of the other. I'm done with them.

I guess you throw them away.  I have 2 which are very good quality but they were pricey.  However, they are still beautiful after 3 years.  Another was a cheapie that lost a stone so I tossed it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

I think I don't give a darn.  I'll wear whatever I enjoy, and I love statement necklaces.  It doesn't matter to me whatsoever whether they are "in" or "out" - they are always in for me.  Wear yours and enjoy them.  I'm sure you won't be arrested by The Fashion Police if in fact they are "out."

Promise?  Smiley Happy

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

I like them and certainly plan to wear the ones I have and will continue to make my statement.

Honored Contributor

I think they are on their way out.  I don't see them like I used to.  If I had one though, I'd still wear it.