Honored Contributor

Have a fashion or jewelry item you wanted but it was sold out in your color or size?  Start checking every day for that item number, several times.  Even if you have a waitlist for that item, keep checking.  Returns will start flowing in soon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Start stalking now

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

Have a fashion or jewelry item you wanted but it was sold out in your color or size?  Start checking every day for that item number, several times.  Even if you have a waitlist for that item, keep checking.  Returns will start flowing in soon.

@depglass  I've stalked items every once in awhile for years and have gotten lucky most of the time. Patience really does pay off.

Today I feel like I won the lottery when I was able to get on waitlist for a certain Denim & Co top in black/medium (A383259). I LOVE this top that much...LOL

I find the top to be so flattering, I decided to also get it in a size small in the black, olive and navy. Since my ultimate goal is to get back into a size 8, I'll be wearing a small by then so I will be happy to have the tops ahead of time.

This might seem excessive to some folks, but I don't care. I consider it an investment for myself.

This particular top is currently *on clearance* and the sizes are already getting very limited.

Wishing everyone else luck in being able to get their treasures! Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise 

Very nice...love paisley!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass  I just scored again...happy camper!

I had to size down for a Quacker Factory top A385990. Initially I had ordered the black/medium and it's a bit too big. For the past few weeks I had been waiting for a size small/black to become available and I was just able to get on waitlist for one!  Smiley Very Happy

Have you been able to get any treasures for yourself?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@depglass wrote:

@depglass  I've stalked items every once in awhile for years and have gotten lucky most of the time. Patience really does pay off.

Today I feel like I won the lottery when I was able to get on waitlist for a certain Denim & Co top in black/medium (A383259). I LOVE this top that much...LOL

I find the top to be so flattering, I decided to also get it in a size small in the black, olive and navy. Since my ultimate goal is to get back into a size 8, I'll be wearing a small by then so I will be happy to have the tops ahead of time.

This might seem excessive to some folks, but I don't care. I consider it an investment for myself.

This particular top is currently *on clearance* and the sizes are already getting very limited.

Wishing everyone else luck in being able to get their treasures! Smiley Very Happy

Just an update for those interested...

This Denim & Co top - A383259  just dropped to a fabulous sale price of $20.21! I just got price adjustments on the orders I made. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise, lovely D&C top.  You must have a lot of faith in yourself to order multiples in a smaller size.  Rooting for you.  I've KEPT things that were too small but I've never BOUGHT things that were too small on purpose.  I'm still obsessing over the Silver Style bangle that Denim & Co. brought to our attention before Christmas.  Nada on two different sizes.  Please get to post office, people that didn't like this. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

@Susan Louise, lovely D&C top.  You must have a lot of faith in yourself to order multiples in a smaller size.  Rooting for you.  I've KEPT things that were too small but I've never BOUGHT things that were too small on purpose.  I'm still obsessing over the Silver Style bangle that Denim & Co. brought to our attention before Christmas.  Nada on two different sizes.  Please get to post office, people that didn't like this. 

@depglass  Thanks for rooting for me Smiley Happy

Ever since September of 2018, DH and I have changed our lifestyle to low carb/keto, we have been losing weight. I have dropped several dress sizes in that time. 

Back when we started, I dreamed of being happy of getting back into a size 10. I thought back then there was no way I would ever get into a size 8 again...even a size 10 would be 'iffy'.

Well, I'm currently between a 10 and 12 in the numerical jeans. The size large are too big and all the medium fit good. I recently gave all my size large clothes to charity except for 2 Issac SOHO hooded jackets and a Denim & Co denim jacket so I can layer. No doubt I'll be replacing them with a medium and/or small by the end of the year. As I dropped each size over the past 2.5 years, those clothes went to charity.

Last year alone (all of 2020) I dropped 21 lbs. So the slowing of losing weight had begun. So I figure by June this year I'll be in a size 10 (comfortably) and by my birthday in December I'll be inching toward size 8.

I was a size 8 most of my life til I had heath issues starting with lung cancer in 2004, hysterectomy the next year, then a bladder operation, a broken leg, and a few deaths in the family back to back. It didn't help any that during that time I was becoming insulin resistant at the same time...just like DH was too. We blew up like balloons. DH became a type-2 diabetic and I became pre-diabetic. He is now off his meds and our blood sugar levels are normal. Life is good.

Anyway, we are not dieting...it is a permanent lifestyle change. I am pretty confident I'll get into a size 8/small by the end of the year/early 2022. It actually makes me giddy already owning a few size small tops that I really do fit into. As most know, some brands do run large, so that alone is a big confidence booster too...LOL

Most clothes I order now are a size medium with additional size small for clothes that are awesome. Why? Because there is no guaranteeing a garment will be around for another year. Nobody knows when something goes on clearance...and when it does, 99% of the time, it is not coming back...just like this particular top I LOVE!

I thought there was no way I would reach a size 8 again. I believe 100% now I'll make it. It's nice to have goals and I can finally see that light at the end of the tunnel. When I do reach it, I haven't decided yet if I will actually post my total weight lost...

Maybe.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass  I hope that you'll start seeing returns soon so you can get your bangle in the near future! Smiley Happy