Honored Contributor

Re: Stark White Pants In Winter?

@software wrote:

I never wear white pants, I'm never sure what's showing, if you know what I mean.    Sometimes it's not obvious until you get outside in daylight.

I wear mostly darker colors or medium shades in highly saturated colors.

Plus I am owned by a black lab.   Black labs & white pants don't mix!

@software,In addition to only wearing beige underwear, if you wear pantyhose in the winter, when they run, cut them off at the ankle.  Wear them as a liner under summer slacks.  Oprah's trick and it works!  Also gives you a little control if that's what you wear!  Also, most of D & C's capris don't show through.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Carmie...read my post before yours!...lol!Smiley LOL

Oh my goodness.  Great minds think alike!

Honored Contributor

I really don't know about the "No More Rules".  I would not wear stark white pants in the middle of winter in the Midwest.  If I were on some Island and it was 85 degrees, yes, I would wear them.  I have not seen one woman in my area walking around in white pants or carrying a white handbag with their wool muffler and hat.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I do not wear white pants.  As soon as I put them on & step out side, I'll end up like a23abb12a709450e5a07af2859079d8d.jpgin 2 seconds flat. Smiley Mad

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

The fashion experts tell us there are no rules today.  Where I live, I do not see women in summer white pants, white shoes or bags and almost everyone wears tights or knee high boots.  They keep the legs covered because baby it's cold outside.  I still think white pants when it's 25 degrees looks odd but then I'm not a fashion "expert."

Esteemed Contributor

If I lived in southern Florida or another year-round warm weather area, I'd wear palazzo pants and white pants all year long. But, I live in Missouri and will probably always pull out my darker/heavier slacks in the winter. When see certain clothing items on air or a website, I sometimes forget that not everyone lives in a colder climate in the winter.

Honored Contributor

Ya got me, but I have no plans on wearing white pants until I reach menopause. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Too much blowing dirt where I live to wear white anything................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I don't feel comfortable wearing white pants or jeans in fall and winter, but that's just me. I would wear winter white wool slacks in winter though and have. Try and find a pair of winter white wool slacks that don't cost 200 bucks these days.LOL

Honored Contributor

LOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gif

@jaxs mom wrote:

Ya got me, but I have no plans on wearing white pants until I reach menopause. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif