Honored Contributor

How do you find the quality? I have owned several over the many years he has been on QVC.  Something usually goes wrong with them and I end up trashing them. They just don't stand the test of time. Mostly , he uses cheap zippers. I like a robe that zips up or buttons - not one you tie closed - and his zippers always break on me and I have to go buy a zipper & replace it or simply just toss the whole item. I don't like paying his price then having a sewing project in short time, and I'm not a fan of having to remove & replace zippers.

Respected Contributor

@151949

I bought one of his winter robes with the zipper from top to bottom.  I loved it so much I gave my sister one for her birthday.  She lived in it all winter long.  

Admittedly, I had to have the zipper replaced, but not because of the quality.  My dog chewed on it and it wouldn't work anymore.  

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Regular Contributor

His terry fabric has gotten very flimsy.  I was desperte for a new zip front terry robe and had to buy one but it is NOT the quality of what I had.  He is in Kohl's now so go figure!

Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@151949

I bought one of his winter robes with the zipper from top to bottom.  I loved it so much I gave my sister one for her birthday.  She lived in it all winter long.  

Admittedly, I had to have the zipper replaced, but not because of the quality.  My dog chewed on it and it wouldn't work anymore.  

@pommom  I have owned several w/ zippers and not had an issue

Honored Contributor

I have found the quality nothing like it used to be. A lot of Stan's robes are poorly finished inside and threads hanging everywhere. I have ordered them from here but now can only find a really good selection in Century 21.

My last couple of purchases the zipper broke. I am sticking with Eileen West and Ralph Lauren robes for my future purchases.

Occasional Contributor

I just purchased a short terry zip robe.  I needed something to wear in the morning to run outside with my pup.  Unfortunately, the robe is not at all the same quality as the robes I had purchased in the past from him. The material is very flimsy, almost see through.  I kept it as I needed something asap but won't purchase anymore of his items.  Too bad because I like him so much but can't justify spending almost $50 for something that looks like it cost $15 at the most.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have one of his short-sleeve terry robes that is over 20 years old.  I do not use it daily or even weekly now, but it is pretty much like new.  I had bought it for my DD and she didn't want it anymore.  I use it mostly now as a cover-up for dirty jobs or when I bathe the dog.  It was good quality which we don't see anymore.

Respected Contributor

I have one of his old seersucker front zip robes and a terry front zip. I also had to replace the zippers in both. But after so many years of use, I’m okay with that. The seersucker robe still looks great.

Esteemed Contributor

I love them.  I have five.  Four with zippers, all good after 7 years.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Can't speak to his current robes, but the two I have are over 10 years old.  Back then, zipper and fabric quality were excellent. They last so long because I only bring them out in January and February when the outside temps are freezing and our thermostat is set at 67.