Trusted Contributor

As I watch the presentation for the Elizabeth and Clark stain resistant blouse, I wonder how hot it must be to wear. If you can pour water on it and it doesn't absorb the water, I can't imagine what would happen if I had a hot flash...it would be like a sauna!!! LOL!! If nothing gets in, then nothing will get out either.😊

Respected Contributor

Hahaha, I think you said it all.

Something seems “odd” about this fabric but at least they’ve come way down on the price.

Honored Contributor

What's the fabric mix?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I never thought about that.  I think you are right.  Never interested me because there must be some heavy duty chemicals in in to make it that resistant and I didn't want those chemicals next to my skin.  I'll just continue wearing a bib when I eat....LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Stain Resistant Blouse

[ Edited ]

I can honestly say that except when my kids were babies or GD were little or eating lobster (😜), I've never slopped  up the front of my clothing...Certainly not to the point that a little Spray 'N Wash and a toss in the washing machine wouldn't take care of it. I suppose that's why the expensive blouses are now on clearance. 

ITA to the "sweat factor", too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

What's the fabric mix?

100% polyester @millieshops 

Esteemed Contributor

I actually own a couple of these.  When I visited my mom a few months ago, she had them as a surprise.  She had watched one of Leah's shows and ordered them.  I'd never heard of the brand or seen any shows featuring it.

I like these blouses and would consider ordering more, especially now that the price has been reduced.   I wore them in the summer and fall when the temperatures were in 80s and 90s and had no problems with them.  It's almost like they absorbed the perspiration just like they would water spilled from a glass.  I don't find them uncomfortable at all and they don't wrinkle like some of the other button down shirts in my closet.  

Honored Contributor
I don’t worry about dripping or spilling stuff on my shirt. My issue is getting makeup on my collars / necklines. That ”stain issue” is not addressed.

My tops have to be washed after every wearing.
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I never thought about that.  I think you are right.  Never interested me because there must be some heavy duty chemicals in in to make it that resistant and I didn't want those chemicals next to my skin.  I'll just continue wearing a bib when I eat....LOL

I'm weary of all the chemicals too.

Valued Contributor

It has to have some sort of sizing or coating on it that eventually washes off-apparently after 30 washes. If you really liked the blouse, it might not last but a couple of years, but if not, it could be a lifetime of wear!