Respected Contributor

Squirrely Gary and Foxy Carolyn

I'm sitting here at my computer, listening to Gary and Carolyn on the Denim & Co. show.  Honestly, if you haven't seen/heard them in action, you don't know what you're missing.  I can't stop laughing!

Woman LOL

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Re: Squirrely Gary and Foxy Carolyn

They make a great pair! The squirrel thing is hilarious ...but I don't get it..?? What do squirrels have in common with D&C? 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  I work a lot of hours and don't get to watch too often, but I think I recall seeing them together and Carolyn explaining.  Just as a dog may see a squirrel and run off fast in that direction, calling out "squirrel' means that this top or pants are great, or a new color, so better hurry and get it before its gone !  It's basically a shout-out kind of thing.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

They make a great pair! The squirrel thing is hilarious ...but I don't get it..?? What do squirrels have in common with D&C? 

Smiley LOL @SilleeMee  Gary likes the way D & C does the color yellow, and he used to lose concentration on other colors when the color yellow was in the mix.  Carolyn told him he was like a dog who spots a squirrel and loses all concentration to stare & chase the squirrel. 

That caught on, and every time an item was in yellow, Carolyn or Gary would yell, "Squirrel!" 

That has now evolved into other colors like rust and orange, etc.  LOL  Carolyn has bought Gary several toy and ornament squirels as a result.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Also, Gary likes squirrels and has a collection of them, largely due to Carolyn's gifts.  Its fun to watch.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Oh! Okay. I got it now...LOL! Too funny!Woman LOL 

@Caaareful Shopper 

@PhilaLady1 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

it goes back to that animated film with Ed Asner doing the voice of the old man...UP!

Super Contributor

It’s from the Disney movie Up. Doug the dog (in a cone) is easily distracted when he sees a squirrel. So Gary and Carolyn would get distracted by other items at times during their shows. Very cute!!
Respected Contributor

thank you @Caaareful Shopper !  i was wondering what the backstory was on the squirrel.  now it all makes sense Smiley Happy