Esteemed Contributor

Spring cleaning - late summer edition

It's getting to be the end of summer so now is the time I'm looking through my summer clothes before I switch out summer tops for fall ones and deciding what to keep and what to toss.

I've gotten rid of solid colored rayon knit tops. They show every lump and bump on me and I am not happy with how they look. One was a Nygard short sleeve cold shoulder top in a pretty blue color. It ended up being a "what was I thinking?" piece of clothing. It wrinkled, the cold shoulder cutout was too big and it was just ill fitting. I also got rid of sleeveless and babydoll tops. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Spring cleaning - late summer edition

I am not ready to do the switch yet. I still am wearing shorts and short sleeve tops. 

I have a pile of work clothes ready for donatation, so it probably would be a good time to start but I will wait a month or so.

Glad to read you started cleaning - it always feels good to get rid of clothing that just doesn't work. 

Honored Contributor

It is useasonably cool in my area so I have started the switch....things I know i will not wear again this season have been washed and folded waiting to the space bags under the bed.  I go thru things as well and donate anything that I didn't wear enough or that I am tired ot wearing. 

I like fall and have a few of that season's clothing out now because of the weather, I  just dread the winter snow and cold, so getting the hard core winter items will wait several months.

Honored Contributor

We've had it cool already but this week we're back in the 80's. I put away my whites (old school I know but once Labor Day arrives all my whites go in storage). I do have some lightweight fallish clothes that I'll wear now. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I got rid of a few things that I never wore during the summer....either didn't fit ncie or was a "what was I thinking" item

I just purchased 2 nice pairs of short boots and 3 sweaters for fall/winter.

Honored Contributor

I've got a pile on the floor of my closet I need to wash and take to Goodwill. I'm going to have to donate the pretty lace dress I have also, since it's just too big.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

We had cool weather for a few weeks, but now we will be in the 80s for a week or more. I really don't need to put seasonal clothes away as everything I own is in one closet and a few dressers. It took me years and lots of self control to pare down my wardrobe. 

I am still going through my closet and getting rid of things due to weight loss from chronic illness. I already donated 2 large bags to Goodwill, and I have started a third bag. I have a few dresses I love that just swallow me now - bummer. I am going to try and sell the dresses and tailored pants. 

Esteemed Contributor

So the weather in the Pacific Northwest has cooled off quite a bit after a very hot summer and I finished changing out my closets and putting away all of my summer clothes and taking out my fall and winter clothes. So that means another round of clothes purging. I hate having a meno-gut but mother nature has other ideas so some of the tops that used to look nice on me are too snug in the mid section so they got tossed.

I still need to try on my spring and fall denim jackets to decide what to keep and what to toss. This year we didn't really have a spring. It was cold and rainy through April and then summer seemed to appear in mid May. It's not like there's been a gradual change of seasons the last couple of years either so a lot of clothes like spring and summer outerwear didn't seem very necessary and didn't get worn. So it's time to do another purge!

Honored Contributor

I will me making the swap out later this week I always leave out a few, T shorts and crop pants.

I have already gone through my closet and given away the what was I thinking tops

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm running my ac so I won't be switching thing out for a few weeks.  I have clothing in so many closets now that I don't even have a good idea of how to organize things.