Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I actually bought some new Spring & Summer clothing items in Feb. before we were asked to stay home but now there’s nowhere to go. I am staying home anyway due to my asthma. I am wearing my “around the house” clothes every day - tees, jeans, and sweats.

I’ve been thinking I might start wearing my nicer outfits around the house. Maybe do my hair and put on some makeup. Why not? Might perk up my mood. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma    You have a good attitude.  I do that sometimes too.  It does make you feel better but I tend to want to break out and go somewhere.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

True. I could put away 75 percent of my winter cothes now. Our city just said expect isolation / essential travel through April 24th until further notice. I was supposed to go back to campus on April 6th, but ... I do have my eyes on two spring tops, which means I'll retire two other tops.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Contributor

I got my spring/summer wardrobe ready early in anticipation of a cruise at the beginning of March.  I got sick the day before my trip and did not go. (I’m ok now.) I consoled myself that at least I was ready for spring at home. Now most of spring will be spent in my den. Still, my family and friends are healthy.  That’s all that matters.

Regular Contributor

Exactly.  So, you would expect some good deals on fashion...but I don't see them.  I have no interest in making purchases for out and about when so many of us must stay put.

Respected Contributor

Must admit I've purchased several items. My wardrobe trends toward updated classics, so I am not really worried about most of my pieces going out of style (I think I'll still be able to wear a denim shirt or espadrilles next year!).

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Y'all can't even go to the grocery store?  Have all the grocery stores been required to close?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Kachina624 

Y'all can't even go to the grocery store?  Have all the grocery stores been required to close?

@SurferWife    It's not safe to go to grocery stores.  I did a Walmart grocery pick up a couple of weeks ago.  I don't need anything.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment