Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spring/Summer 2020...New in my closet...

@Katcat1  @Jtdmum  @miata1  Thanks!

@San Antonio Gal   That spongebob gif cracks me up, but I'm easily amused!

@DiAnne  Enjoy the haircut..what a relief!  Please note my next post...I'm trying with the jackets.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Shopping and buying for the short-lived
in-between weather just plain annoys me...and I love to shop.  

There's no getting around the fact that we need scarves, jackets and/or cardigans for in-between weather.  Too bad I have issues with all three hahaha.  I know, I know.  I annoy myself, too!  

YMMV, but cardis just look too much like bathrobes on me.  And jackets are tricky for me in terms of fit.  I have the best luck with scarves, but the right size can be hard to find...I like lightweight, oblong scarves, not those big sloppy square ones.  And I refuse to buy a lot of, or spend big bucks on,
in-between clothes for the short time I need them.  

This type of jacket...a field/utility/chore jacket...seems to work well for me and is usually long enough (a problem for me with most jackets) and casual enough (blazers are too dressy for my lifestyle) to meet my needs.  

This one...button down Sanctuary from Marshalls...is lightweight, and I love the washed red color (almost a dark strawberry).  I thought about having my tailor give it a more fitted look, but it's not really worth it for the 2 short seasons I'll wear it.  Besides, I like that I can put anything under it without feeling constricted. 

20200406_135708.jpg

20200410_141601.jpg

Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side...I said hey babe!  I'm not a big fan of animal prints, so I shocked the heck out of myself by actually loving this one.  Zip front/snaps, greyish/tanish background, lightweight Treasure and Bond.  Black is a given, but it looks pretty cool with a white tee and jeans, too.  Wore this to inside lunch a few weeks ago with my gf...first time out to eat in 11 weeks.  We were as giddy as schoolgirls.  So excited to see each other that we completely forgot and hugged each other...don't hate on us!

20200607_135950_2.jpg

Honored Contributor

Both look good on you.  I can wear jackets like that most of the year.  In the winter I will wear sweaters under them.  Just a couple of weeks in the summer when I break the linen out!  On some jackets I go down a size to get a closer fit but then they usually don't close but that does not bother me as I usually wear them open anyway.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @DiAnne...the leopard jacket looks great with a heavier brown turtleneck...can't wait to wear it in the fall.  I'm just now trying to learn to live with linen blouses...it may be a while before I attempt a linen jacket hahaha!

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

That pinky coral is what I always think of when someone says a color is a "cosmetic color".  One of my favorties and it looks beautiful on you.

You are Lockdown Stylin'.  Or is it NoMoreLockdownStylin' now?  Whatever, you look great.

Me, I haven't worn mascara in 3 months.  And I went to friends' house for an outside dinner yesterday (a perfect weathter day) and didn't wear any makeup at all except for a BB cream, eyebrow, and lipgloss.  I think a positive of this whole COVID thing is that I don't mind myself without full makeup on.  I kinda like it!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @QueenDanceALot ...Thanks!  You are sooo right about pinky coral.  It has to be pinky!  I hear ya about makeup...I could get used to not bothering with it.  Nah, too vain hahaha. 

Remember that dress you posted a while back...think it was brown zebra?  You saw it in a shop window while driving by?  Have you had a chance to wear it?  (I just thot of that when I saw your name...go figure).

Hope you are well, KittyLou.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Hi @QueenDanceALot ...Thanks!  You are sooo right about pinky coral.  It has to be pinky!  I hear ya about makeup...I could get used to not bothering with it.  Nah, too vain hahaha. 

Remember that dress you posted a while back...think it was brown zebra?  You saw it in a shop window while driving by?  Have you had a chance to wear it?  (I just thot of that when I saw your name...go figure).

Hope you are well, KittyLou.

@MacDUFF 

Hey!  That dress?  The RL feather print cashmere?  Unworn.  I was planning on wearing it for a friend's birthday dinner and then, like a week before, the you know what hit the fan and, well, no more dinners out.

Too hot now.  So it'll stay in the closet until at least the Fall!

I am well.  It's good to "see" you and I always enjoy your fashion threads and not just for the clothes but your writing is so good!  

Take care and I'll see ya around campus.

Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spring 2020...New in my closet...

Nordstrom's Rack opened a few weeks ago.  Naturally, I went to my favorite store!  They had 40% off everything in store, but final sale/no returns (and dressing room closed). 

I purchased a pair of blue blue, blue suede Franco Sarto flats, and a pair of Band of Gypsies (jr brand...not what I would call high quality) mushroom color whip stitched crossover flats. 

@DiAnne, RE our previous discussion on another thread, the two flats are what pass for "killer shoes" in my world!  hahaha  They're definitely out of my norm, but I love them and both work very well for in-between weather.

20200610_113611.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

The Invasion of the Body Snatchers! 

Who is this person?!   Have I crossed over into an alternative universe?  Sure, I have a few prints in my closet...a ditsy floral or two, a few barely discernible patterns, two plaids, and one striped shirt...but the overwhelming majority of my wardrobe is solids. 

So who is suddenly buying tie dye, leopard print, and now camo??

This not only goes waaay out of my norm because of the print, but because of the cut...I am completely not used to the bagginess of these joggers hahaha.  But, man do I love them...go figure!!  Linen blend (will translate to summer easily with a white tee), comfortable fit, around the house/out in public/at the beach, and perfect inseam YAY!!  

C&C Clothing California joggers (Marshalls), thrifted Chico's Premium tee, Lucky Brand slides...

20200608_124343_3.jpg

20200607_140356_3.jpg

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

I love the blue flats!  I can't picture what the other ones would look on your feet.   It is a good thing that I wear a 12 narrow, which is very hard to find, or I would have even more shoes than I already do!