Honored Contributor

Re: Spring 2020...New in my closet...

@MacDUFF 

Those blue suede flats are killing me they're so cute.

And those joggers are adorable on you.

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne  @QueenDanceALot  Thanks!

KLWT, I bought another pair of joggers at Marshalls...boring off-white hahaha.  James Perse linen, original JP tag $245...Marshalls $35.  Yes!  They're a little big, so I'm taking them in, which I'm doing myself since my favorite tailor is out-of-business...she couldn't survive the lockdown...I can't talk about it rationally.

20200612_104400.jpg

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

They look good!

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

I'm sorry to read about your tailor.  I am slowly learning of local businesses that won't be opening back up.  It's very sad. 

There's a lot of sad around right now.  Sad, horrifying, depressing.  I could add more but I won't.

I spent hours this week just digging in the dirt and planting pretty flowers, just because their pretty colors made me smile.

Esteemed Contributor

All good things must come to an end.  I've gone full circle starting with the year-long closet purge 2017-18 and ending with the year-long curating of my wardrobe 2019-20.  So, this is my closet swan song.

All of my initial goals have been met.  Almost all of my pieces mix and match with each other.  I can see almost everything I own in one glance around my closet.  I wear almost every piece on a regular basis.  I shop much smarter, still have fun with fashion, and either love love love or very much appreciate the functionality of each and every piece.  

And I learned so much about myself...the good, the bad, and the ugly hahaha.  It was really surprising...and very hard to deal with!... how much the past influenced my relationship to, and my way of thinking about, clothes and money.  

I frequently thought of some of the women in my family...my practical paternal Grandmother, my slightly crazy fashionista maternal aunts, and especially my beautiful and stylish Mom.  Their insights and "rules" about fashion and style have stood the test of time...I'm very grateful.  

The whole process was deeply introspective...and soooo worth it.

What a ride!  I couldn't be more proud of my effort or pleased with the results.  I feel as if I've conquered a giant.

Thank you for your input, your hearts, and for riding along with me.  Carry on!

~~~ THE END ~~~
~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~