Valued Contributor

Re: Sports Savvy New Items Available

@Chi-town girl  To what you refer to as "dated" is also considered "retro". It's that way in home decor, hair styles, jewelry, etc. I've never really been a conformist, so I appreciate the opportunity to have various styles available. Anyone who is truthfully a Chicagoan knows this. Stay safe in the below zero windchills. 😊

Respected Contributor

The selection is very boring, IMO.

Honored Contributor

Well, what a lot of you consider boring and dated I look at and see pants, tops and jackets.  I see clothes I can wear and be comfortable in.  To me that's a big plus.

I don't want a bunch of fad clothing that screams "last year" when I'm wearing it three years from now, and it is still in good shape and looks nice, washes and wears well, and is something I enjoy having on.

To me that style of clothing, if well made of good material, is exactly what I buy to wear every day at home and the post office.  I mean really how much can they do, or do you want them to do, with a pair of pants or a top? 

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl   Sounds like you knew the original sports savvy line as I did. All sorts of rewally cute items for that period, it's been a lot of years ago for sure. I was deep into still working, they had a number of things that were in my closet, mostly work-wear. I enjoyed them, looked too!

My the times have changed. It's amazing how we got to where we are in so called fashions.

Regular Contributor

I have so many items from 2000 and up to the time they stopped the line.  They are traditional NOT TRENDY so never go out of style.  They are all like new.  The knits have not gone out of shape and no pilling, no fading.    Glad to see them back,  hope they are the same quality.   

Regular Contributor

Years ago Sport Saavy came in sets.  Nice sets, some sporty and some you could

dress up a little.  Mine date back to 2000.  Still love them.  Now Q seems to be all

trends... each line copies the other.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the sweatshirt that @Kachina624  shows the image for in a previous post.  I ordered the teal. Depending on the fit and quality I might get another color because I liked all of the colors. 

I didn't see anything in the Sports Savvy collection that I would call dated.  The collection seems like simple clothes aimed at women who don't buy clothes based on what's supposed to be the trend look for the season.  At almost 70, I look good and receive countless compliments on my outfits and haven't followed a trend since 1976. 

Respected Contributor

I liked the old Sport Savvy line, but never bought much of it, because if IIRC, it was a lot of sets & since I need different sizes for tops & bottoms, I needed separates.