Honored Contributor

Sports Saavy. Did I make a mistake ordering if I live in Florida?

[ Edited ]

It's been years since I have ordered Sports Saavy. I don't remember what it was like except that I do remember it was comfortable and that the clothing shrunk when I washed them in  cold water and hung to dry. Since that time, there have probably been changes to the fabrics. 

Are Sports Saavy crop pants very hot? How about their tunics? I ordered two pair of crops and one tunic. I live near Miami, so it will be hot outdoors, but the things I ordered could be fine to wear in the air conditioning when visiting or going to the doctor's office. Will I still be boiling hot? Are the fabrics a little thinner in their spring and summer collections?

How is the shrinkage? I wash in cold water only and I hang to dry.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sports Saavy. Did I make a mistake ordering if I live in Florida?

@Mindy D Were there any reviews?

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids @Not yet. I like the looks of the clothes and I'm pretty sure I'll like the fit too. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D .............Being hot depends on the material.  If its terry cloth I would think it would be cool.  The terry cloth of today is not the heavy material is was back in the day.  

If it turns out to be too heavy for the summer, could you wear it in the fall and winter?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Everything I've seen and received in Sports Savvy has been French terry.  For me, in my warm climate, this is a fabric for winter wear.  Its much too dense, even in the lighter weight, to consider wearing in summer.  As a rule, I don't wear any knit pants in summer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 @OOPS. I'm glad I only ordered one tee instead of two. The crops look perfect for me. I'll have to save them for the five days a year I might be able to wear them. 

Why do you think they are making so many summery looking designs if the clothes are too warm to wear in most places in summer? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie @I could wear them when I'm in the air conditioning. Winter here is either too cold for crops and a short sleeve tee (this happens rarely), or is hot. I could wear the tee layered under a shirt in winter. I'll just have to see how hot I feel in them. Darn, I really like the look of the crop pants.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D    Denim has increased in cost so much and is not plentiful so I think they're substituting French terry.  I never saw so much of it.  I've also been disgusted with the constant stream of long sleeve tops.  They seem to think we all live in the chilly Northeast.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I caught part of the SS show today on QVC2. The items I saw being presented were really cute!  Hope you enjoy whatever you ordered.