Valued Contributor

Sports Illustrated plus size model

What an absurdity! SI includes a "plus sized" swimsuit model. She looks like she wears a size 8, as opposed to the usual skeleton covered with skin.
Super Contributor

Re: Sports Illustrated plus size model

I applaud Sports Illustrated. THis model actually looks like an average American woman. She also looks like she wears a size larger than a size 8 to me.

Honored Contributor

Said on the radio this morning that she's a size 16.
Valued Contributor

She says she's a size 12 and I think she looks every bit of that. Beautiful girl.

Respected Contributor

This comes up all the time and I can't figure out why. Plus size models are not and have never been plus size women. Professional plus size models are tall and are typically size 10-14. There's nothing plus about them. However, if you consider that regular models are typically size 2-4, you can better understand the "plus" label. Whatever size she is (she looks like a 12, maybe 14); she's a gorgeous girl with an amazingly beautiful body and she looks vibrant and HEALTHY.

Valued Contributor

I just checked Wikipedia -- it says her measurements are 38D - 30 - 46 and put her at Size 16.

Respected Contributor

Yeah, she is a least a size 12 and although some folks are upset with SI because it's just an ad, it's a step in the right direction.
Respected Contributor

Whatever. She is beautiful. Just another beautiful girl. I would love that this & race were not even a discussion. "Did you see the beautiful model in that commercial/ad?". Not "Did you see the plus size/thin/white/brown/pink/yellow model?". But, it just occurred to me that those descriptions aren't any different than blonde/brunette/red head. Hmmm.

Super Contributor

I think she looks great! The cover model -- disguisting. They leave nothing to the imagination. Trashy!

Honored Contributor