Trusted Contributor

Re: Sport Savvy returns to QVC December 27

I think I had one outfit of Soort Savvy years ago...it was pants and a color block shirt. I didn't wear it much because I felt like I was wearing Garanimals....too matchy-matchy. Curious to see what the new roll-out will look like. I do remember the quality was very good. I don't have high hooes with so much being made overseas with cheap fabric. If it has modal in it...I am out.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  In the first sentence I wrote "IF" Sport Savvy returns . . . 

The rest of what I wrote pertains to the pieces I'm STILL wearing 10 years later! Yes, the line is high quality and I purchased many sets and pieces to    mix and match. It's not like any of my Sport Savvy clothing are ever worn for more than a few hours; they are for tennis and golf only. Then laundered. During the colder months, those clothes remain in the closet.                          

Hope this answers your question. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Is Sports Savvy a Q owned brand?

Esteemed Contributor

@banned again 

Can Jessica Holbrook be far behind?  I was just thinking about all the years they offered those washable suede blazers.  At least I think it was Jessica Holbrook that made them.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
mspatmac wrote:

Yes, and they are in the process of renewing their trademark. Sport Savvy debuted on QVC on Saturday, April 15, 1995 at 9am ET with Jane Rudolph Treacy.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@mspatmac   Yes and most assuredly made in the same factory as Denim & Co.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman That brand went through three iterations: Jessica Holbrook was from 1996-2002, Dialogue from 2003 to 2009, and Elizabeth Hasselbeck for Dialogue from 2009 to 2011.

I wouldn't expect to see more brands of tailored or careerwear apparel - Qurate financial reports indicate that they are selling well in leisurewear and are looking to extend their selection. If you think Jessica Holbrook could be coming back you can check to see if QVC is renewing the trademark for it as they are with Sport Savvy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@mspatmac   Yes and most assuredly made in the same factory as Denim & Co.

@Kachina624  Thanks, my expectations have been lowered.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@banned again wrote:

I wouldn't expect to see more brands of tailored or careerwear apparel - Qurate financial reports indicate that they are selling well in leisurewear and are looking to extend their selection. If you think Jessica Holbrook could be coming back you can check to see if QVC is renewing the trademark for it as they are with Sport Savvy.

@banned again  That says it all.  Expect more, more, and more athleisure and loungewear looking clothes. Qurate will ride this trend (I'm using the term loosely here) until it's long past its time in the spotlight. 

It would be nice if QVC returns Sports Savvy using the cotton-rich blends the line had in the 1990s, but I don't expect that.  Maybe I'm being cynical, but I expect a new name for a polyester blend with spandex.  They don't really offer a lot of sets anymore, so most likely, the new Sports Savvy collection will be separates.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman    

Jessica Holbrooke and Dialogue had some very well-made, tailored dress slacks that I'm still wearing. Several pair of slacks were winter weight and worn only two or three months each year when the weather was really bitterly cold (other years, not worn at all). They still fit like a glove.

I have recently been ordering Investments 5th Avenue slacks (with the zip front) for $47 from Dillard's to replace some. Don't think Dillard's has had a price increase in those slacks in many, many years. I like them, but they are fall, summer and spring weight and are worn frequently. Sadly, Dillard's are only offering them in navy, black and brown. Their charcoal was a favorite in years past. <sigh>

Time to check out vonMaur's stock of dress slacks, too! Haven't done that for a few years. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.