Super Contributor

Special Occasion Favorites (Nov 2022)...

I say this every time, but I have no idea why I keep pics of special occasion outfits (I swear I have dozens of them) since the chance of my needing anything remotely like these beautiful outfits is zip, zero, nada! *SIGH*

I thought I'd share them with y'all before I delete them (and start collecting more haha).

If I had a special occasion to attend (in my dreams), my choices would be #s 3*, 5*, 16*, or 19*.   How about you?

#3   *

#5   * (with the blouse buttoned)

#6  WOW!

#7   I want the pullover...looove!

#10   She made this.

#16   *

#17   Classic LBD.

#18   *

I hope all your Holiday gatherings are special occasions and specially blessed.

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Respected Contributor

Re: Special Occasion Favorites (Nov 2022)...

Interesting mix!  Anything in denim never qualifies as special occasion in my book.  I also prefer to look elegant, rather than overly sexy or trendy.

Additionally, I have levels of special occasion-- outfits I wear to the opera, ballet, or a fancy dinner; outfits for weddings (lacy dresses), outfits for cruises (long gowns and cocktail dresses), outfits for New Year's Eve parties (sequins).

I also have a great work wardrobe with some wonderful silk suits to wear when I would have business special occasions (high level conference), which I no longer wear too often these days.

I heard a great quote the other day--"We all have responsbility for finding and making our own happiness."  

I think of this same concept for having special experiences in life--I have to make it happen, and not think it will fall in my lap.  Otherwise, how would I get to wear all my great clothes?

Currently I have my eye on this beauty from Marchesa at NM--I just do not want to spend that much!

Respected Contributor

Hi! Some vary nice looks. I like 8, 6, 13,17 and 14. Thanks for sharing!

Respected Contributor

Hi @MacDuFF  I'd probably go with #'s 5, 8, 12, or 17.

I love looking at special occasion styles and have previously posted special occasion accessories. Just dreaming, I guess. LOL

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF 

#1, #16, #17

Although each outfit appeared appropriate for the wearer, I did like these better if I were choosing.  Thank you for sharing.  This was my mid week boost although a bit off from hump day but today was a good day.  Thanks a million!

Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF   

#10 is handmade? It is a beautiful dress as are all the others.

Valued Contributor

@MacDuFF Great Looks!

Love the cape styles.  I have a couple of H by Halston sweater capes from the Q but haven't had a chance to wear them.

The styles that incorporated the denim would be closest to my style, particularly #16.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

While all very attractive, the only one that comes to close to something I would wear is #2.

But - not a special occasion ... that's more something I'd wear to lunch with friends.  (I have two Simonton (shiny) jackets (one blue, one orange) similar to this one.) 

Honored Contributor

Classy classic.  Wise choice to wear off black nylons.  Very pulled together.

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF   Thanks for this fun post. I'd definitely be a #2 and #3.

If anything requires something more fancy, I try to turn down the invitation. Of curse, sometimes I just have to bite the bullet and wear all black with some sparkly jewelry and call it a day. Lol