Esteemed Contributor

@Az Red Nordstrom has a lot of event dressing, and a generous return policy.  It would be my go to place, though here in NY, I would also go to Saks.  At QVC, Bob Mackie was the special events guy at QVC, but I think he is gone, and I will miss him.

One of my last purchases was this sequined baseball style jacket (below) that I purchased for regular daytime wear.  He sure was fun.  You may want to check if there is anything you like in the QVC website, since it is all being liquidated.  The pickings are slim, but his clothing was always top quality.

Esteemed Contributor

@Az Red wrote:

Would like to see a show about dressing for special events. All of a sudden I have 3 special weddings necx year. Rather than have to go thru every designer for ideas, if there could be a show of vairying  ideas. Would save a lot of frustration.

Dillard's is a really good place to shop for evening or more formal wear.  They have beautiful dresses.  Department stores are your best bet unless you have nice boutiques where you live.

Enjoy your dress ups!!!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Re: Special Event Dressing

[ Edited ]

@Az Red 

Marc Bouwer has beautiful dresses on ShopHQ. I would say most are probably more appropriate for daytime events but there are a couple more formal pieces.

9467EA28-2D45-4BC5-9157-B30F659FEF7E.png

Honored Contributor

I saw this presented the other day and thought to myself that it was actually appropriate for a formal event

77431F26-84F6-497F-ACCE-8583190857FA.png