Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of mixing patterns...

@ECBG   I understand sciatic pain.  I suffer that malady as well and the last two days have been frightful.  I will probably get a steroid injection before my luncheon tomorrow.  The urgent care facility knows me, knows I have spinal stenosis and bulging disks, and they are willing to give me shots when needed, but I don't abuse or overuse.  I have had so much steroid in my life that I wait until I can wait no longer.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday I'm SO sorry.   Please let me know how your engagement goes.  I'm sure you'll knock their socks off!

Have fun above all!😊

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday  It depends on the patterns you are mixing and if it looks good when you are dressed and looking in the mirror.  If the patterns are clashing either change the pants to a solid color black or the jacket.  You can mix patterns but carefully.  Not everything mixes well.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG   We have something else similar in common. When I worked in retail, of course I was hired for the petite dept., I had a knack for putting outfits together, adding accessories and displaying them on racks and dressing room doors. Within a year, even though I had no training, just an artist's eye, I was asked to do store windows. Other shops in the area took notice and I was asked to do their displays as well. Yes, backbreaking work sometimes, but so much fun. No more selling for me and clearing out dressing room floors. Why do women leave those messes?

I continued doing display work through college and took a break until my kids were old enough for nursery school. Then went back to it until jewelry design caught my eye and I went back to school during the day. Aesthetician training was at night and weekends. Love keeping busy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Nonametoday I know all of your pieces are beautiful, but there needs to be a solid piece to allow a smooth transition form the pieces.  Of the three, jacket, top, and slacks, I would pick one solid.  

@ECBG   Thank you.  I will make the slacks black.  Thanks a million.  I knew something was not right but could not put my finger on it.  

@Nonametoday  This change is perfect!  @ECBG to the rescue again.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

That goes beyond mixing patterns.  You will be noticed.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally instead of just one solid piece among all the other patterns; I would do all solid with one great patterned piece.  But that's just me, and I'm no top stylist.  😳

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Oh my goodness!  I guess we're "twins"!  I just did all of the dressing room doors yesterday using the store as my palette.

I SO loved having all of Dillards as my palette!  I think I will always prefer that store on some levels.  I still shop there, though.  Love some things in I C Collections.  They did the royal blue vest I had on the other day. (I found out "shop my fair lady" has much better prices).Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus Oh my goodness!  I guess we're "twins"!  I just did all of the dressing room doors yesterday using the store as my palette.

I SO loved having all of Dillards as my palette!  I think I will always prefer that store on some levels.  I still shop there, though.  Love some things in I C Collections.  They did the royal blue vest I had on the other day. (I found out "shop my fair lady" has much better prices).Smiley Happy

@ShanusHome in this gray day.  Shadow is taking his afternoon nap.  Just love kissing those little velvet ears!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday How did your engagement go?  I know you were a knockout!!!Smiley Happy