Trusted Contributor

Speaking of leather jackets, who still owns the Dialogue leather jacket from QVC?

Also, can anyone recall the price they were back in the day?  I seem to recall a price of $99 but not completely sure if that is correct.

I do remember that they came in an assortment of colors at the time.  And QVC showed them being put into a washing machine. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Speaking of leather jackets, who still owns the Dialogue leather jacket from QVC?

I do remember all the washable suede they used to offer. 

What about that lamb leather barn jacket they offered for years for $99? It was super soft. I had it in the dark brown and used it for years. I was just talking about this jacket recently.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of leather jackets, who still owns the Dialogue leather jacket from QVC?

$99 sounds about right to me as an original price.

i owned a few, but gave them away a few years ago.....leather and suede clothing makes me overheat, so i was never wearing them.

there are currently 8 different styles on the resale site THREDUP and the most expensive one is priced at $48.99.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I had 2 of the washable suede jackets one in black and one in tan. I bought these around 2006. I loved them. I recently donated them to Goodwill after having not worn them in several years.  I really liked the Dialogue brand and  wish they still sold it. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to purchase the beautiful leathers from Terry Lewis in HSN.  I liked the longer styles, past the hips.  Gorgeous!  Donated them a while back, as they no longer fit... 😢

Honored Contributor

I still have mine in the tan color.  I don't wear it often and have never washed it. $99 sounds around right to me.

I need a petite size and this is not petite.  I have to turn the sleeves under to wear it and it is a pain.

I have a small collection of leather and swede jackets

Honored Contributor

I owned that washable Dialogue jacket - wore it so often to many compliments.

I donated it a few years ago when I lost enough weight that it hung shapelessly on me.  Hope someone is enjoying it.

No idea what I paid, but whatever it was, on a cost per wearing and a satisfaction per wearing, it was a bargain.  If I still lived where that jacket would suit the climate, I would gladly pay to have one which would fit my current size.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes. I had a red Dialogue zippered jacket that I donated a couple years ago. I washed it a few times over the years-- still looked good. I also still own and wear a tan washable suede jacket made by a different brand on QVC. It was much cheaper than $99 when I bought it probably 15 yrs ago. I wish Q had that quality today!
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The name of the brand sounded familiar to me so I looked into my "coat closet" which hasn't been opened for a long time. There it was ....the tan jacket with metal close buttons. I remember putting it in the washing machine out of pure curiosity. It came out fine so I guess I wore it occasionally. I have a lot to choose from so it has held up nicely.

ETA.  Oh, to answer your question. I don't have any idea of how much it cost.