Honored Contributor

Re: Spanx tsv leggings 02/06

[ Edited ]
Do you really believe this type of style looks good on anyone larger than size small or medium? Style imo wouldn't flatter my body. Leggings I wear are more like slim pants. Just keeping it real! Wonder what not to wear would say?
Honored Contributor

Not me, I don't have the legs or the desire to wear that type of legging.  The midnight presentation did make me laugh.  Out loud...when the Spanx vendor and then the host advised ladies that they should size up...lol   OMG!  The one thing that QVC ladies do not ever want to do, even if it's to get a better fit, is to size up.  I thought, well ladies, you just lost thousands of sales...lol

Honored Contributor

@Mesmerized169 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Did anyone see the reviews for these leggings? It's a wonder how they made it to a second round of being a TSV. I'm not buying.

@SilleeMee YES!!!  I saw the terrible reviews the other day.  But now they are all gone?!??  How sneaky!

Even the reviews of these leggings on other shopping sites are not that great either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Do you really believe this type of style looks good on anyone larger than size small or medium? Style imo wouldn't flatter my body. Leggings I wear are more like slim pants. Just keeping it real! Wonder what not to wear would say?

Well, that sounds like a size bigot.  Leggings are not about size.  I've seen my fair share of  women with flabbly thighs and saggy butts and chicken legs..who are very small....and they look awful in leggings.  My bff shakes her head mumbles "that's unfortuante".   On the other side, I've see some larger and plus size women look absolutey fabulous in leggings.  It's all about the legs and choice of tops that determines how leggings look.  They look best on women who have long, lean, fit legs and tunic tops are a must.  A whole lot  of top heavy plus size women have great legs and leggings are exactly what they should wear.  However!  We're talking about clothes, it's not rocket science.  If woman wants to wear leggings, it doesn't matter what I think.  All that matters is what she thinks.  There are no fashion Gods....least of which those What Not To Wear people. 

Honored Contributor

I'm considering the camo. And while the small works numbers-wise I'm considering getting the medium...

Love the no elastic in the waist treatment! One World does that too and it makes them so much more comfortable!

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

I think it is dependent on the size of your legs and where you carry weight. You could have slender legs with a wider waist and look nice in them. If you have large legs and you are thin, I think they aren't a woman's best look. Jane is presenting them this morning and I prefer her in a trouser. It's about balance and feeling comfortable.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I'm considering the camo. And while the small works numbers-wise I'm considering getting the medium...

Love the no elastic in the waist treatment! One World does that too and it makes them so much more comfortable!

@Andreatoo,

Some of the reviews say that the waist rolls! Something to consider.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

good point. I suspect it's because they extend higher than your natural waist....

I'm only 5'2 with long legs meaning these will probably come up over my ribcage...

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 I love the black camo but can't figure out the sizing. I've seen (but haven't tried on) Spanx leggings in the Q outlets and they look so tiny!  

Win, please comment on the sizing - thanks!

Honored Contributor

Looked very closely to body sizes wearing TSV! Best looks were slim models. By the way! Wearing skin tight leggings then large tunic tops, isn't flattering either. Who came up with tunics anyway?