Honored Contributor

Spanx in Power Panty-open seam at crotch, is this by design?

I purchased the two pack of Spanx in Power shapeware. 1 is regular waist, 1 is high waist. The high waist pair has an open seam at the crotch. Its odd b/c it has a finished seam, yet none of my older versions of Spanx has this "feature". The regular waist crotch is completely sewn. Customer service sent me a replacement item-no hesitation when I called to ask about the design. They told me it was a defective item. The replacement is the same...high waisted pair has open seam at crotch. Is this a fluke x 2? Anyone else purchase this item?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

Re: Spanx in Power Panty-open seam at crotch, is this by design?

I thought some Spanx were made like that for bathroom purposes. I didn't see anything though in the QVC description about this. I'm sure somebody will know.
Super Contributor

On the Spanx website, the bodysuits have "cotton double gusset crotch for ease when nature calls". Maybe they added this to their high waisted shapers too since they'd be a little harder to pull down than a regular waist shaper. It's a theory, ha, ha.
Respected Contributor

Yes, I had the high-waisted shaper, and it had that open seam. I also thought it was for bathroom purposes, though for the life of me, I couldn't see how that could be comfortable or hygienic!

I.didn't use that. I.just pulled them down.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

I hestitated to ask for obvious reasons...u know jokes and all. But its odd that the replacement is the same unless they have a bad batch. Too small of opening for bathroom purposes. I thought maybe an air vent? They fit otherwise but the reviews are mixed so im going to prepare to return for credit. Not worth the hassle.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

Yes, I had the high-waisted shaper, and it had that open seam. I also thought it was for bathroom purposes, though for the life of me, I couldn't see how that could be comfortable or hygienic!

I.didn't use that. I.just pulled them down.

O.K. so it is by design. No tearing or problems after washing them?

Respected Contributor

No problems, Chi-town girl. Spanx really wears like iron!

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

No problems, Chi-town girl. Spanx really wears like iron!

They fit well so I want to keep them. Thanks for confirming the design question!

Respected Contributor

Smiley Happy

You're welcome!

Honored Contributor

Customer service has been good trying to help me with a couple of "problem" orders. They even offered to charge me only 1/2 the total price if I was unsure about the high waisted panty but willing to keep the regular pair & would waive return fee. I really wanted the high one so it wasnt a good option for me. While im not thrilled about some quality issues related to items purchased, I only have kudo's for customer service.