Respected Contributor

Re: Spanx-Sarah Blakely $$$$$$$

And,........................ What's the point of this post? Of COURSE, she has made a ton of money-She invented an enormously popular product!

Esteemed Contributor

I sure didn't read the OP's post as negative. Hm. I just took it as being WOW ... look how much money you can make w/ a popular concept. Or wow ... look how much money was made on underwear for women!

There probably are a lot of women who cut the feet of their panty hose (cuz lordy, nothing worse than squished toes) ... but Sara took footless stockings to market and found a way to make it popular and profitable.

Good on Sara. And may she always enjoy her success!

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

My GYN and pelvic physical therapists tell me it's a real no no to smash that area with Spanx. They told me under no circumstance should I wear them. I don't even wear support panti hose.
Trusted Contributor

On 9/27/201t kate2357 said:

I sure didn't read the OP's post as negative. Hm. I just took it as being WOW ... look how much money you can make w/ a popular concept. Or wow ... look how much money was made on underwear for women!

There probably are a lot of women who cut the feet of their panty hose (cuz lordy, nothing worse than squished toes) ... but Sara took footless stockings to market and found a way to make it popular and profitable.

That was EXACTLY my thought! I was doing the same thing but never thought to market it. I will come up with a winning idea someday! Then I can live in luxury!

Honored Contributor

On 9/27/2014 flickerbulb said:
On 9/27/201t kate2357 said:

That was EXACTLY my thought! I was doing the same thing but never thought to market it. I will come up with a winning idea someday! Then I can live in luxury!

It's not the idea that is so difficult to come up with...it's the perseverance and obsession to have that good idea marketed well that is much more challenging!

Valued Contributor

Yes, I remember reading about her net worth in Forbes (or elsewhere, I forget). Bravo to her.