Regular Contributor

Re: Sorry but QVC is lost without Lisa R......

I was not a major follower of Lisa's, but she was at least polite to the product reps....unlike MOST of the hosts newly (in the last couple of years...) introduced. They are the rudest, group of people I've EVER seen... and ignorant too. They will say anything to get the sale- true facts??? anyone care??? Not the hosts. Some of the old time hosts are still great - but that does NOT include Jane. I have ordered and returned a lot more due to totally inaccurate information. The BIG reason QVC is sinking into the gutter.... value??? quality???? GONE

Honored Contributor

The most jarring (and slightly creepy) aspect of the FB page is the endless march of calculated, deliberate, "artfully posed" photos of Lisa, selfie and otherwise. And many of them look very unnatural - there's a kind of desperation in some of them - almost a mask-like affect (and I used affect deliberately). It's just...odd.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

it was Lisa's choice to leave .. she was a host on the QVC shopping channel not your relative or best friend .. wish her well and let it go .. I personally do not miss her at all ...the other hosts are doing fine and don't have to worry about "" filling her shoes"" ...life goes on!
Super Contributor

Some of the host picks are annoying me. Right now i feel sorry for Barbara Bixby. Antoinella annoys me.
Respected Contributor

QVC just flat out has some boring programs with weekends being the worst! Hour long vitamix blenders, 24 hour cooking, gold, gardening etc shows can become stale and same old products- bose, dell, sleep number beds, dyson. There was a time when they offered a big variety of beauty venders, fashion desions, hair care products but not anymore. The high shipping costs and return costs also make me think twice before buying a item. I have found the quality and value -- even convenience is lacking in the QVC of today.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

On 1/31/2015 curlywhitedog said:
On 1/31/2015 Jezzebell said:

I think QVC got "lost" a few years ago when they changed some of the management and started all the BORING long presentations of the same stuff over and over and over, dropping good product lines etc.

Lisa got out while QVC was continuing to tank imho. But the mess has been going on for a long time.

You are so right on about this. I went from having QVC on as background noise pretty much all day two or three years ago to now only putting it on when there's something I want to see but even then I have it on mute. I don't think my total viewing even totals an hour a week anymore. The constant repetition of the same old products has really taken it's toll on the Q's programming. I check out the TSV and the LTS but that's about it for me anymore.

In my opinion, QVC jumped the shark a few years back. Sad, really. As for Lisa leaving, that has had zero effect on my programming watching.

Maria

I agree with you!!!

QVC lost it a good while back, as far as I am concerned. I had not watched Lisa in 3-4 yrs. It is almost unbearable to listen to hosts stammer/studder/giggle thru their JOBS!! Boring products, high S/H, are just a couple of their downfalls.

Honored Contributor

Sorry OP, but nobody in any organization is irreplaceable including Lisa. I found I rarely watched her because I'm not interested in the type of shows she usually hosted. I got disgusted with PM Style years ago because of the constant promotion of non-clothing products. There seems to be a core of fans who idolize Lisa in a manner usually found in teen-agers. The reason is beyond me because as far as I'm concerned she was just another salesperson. I don't particularly miss her, certainly don't think QVC is any worse without her and am sure they will survive despite her absence.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

On 1/31/2015 gardensla said:

Any last bit of sparkle the Q had seems to have left the building when Lisa said her final goodnight. Love her, loathe her, she managed to make the most mundane shows into "events" and I don't see anyone on the canvas to fill her Choos. I'll admit it, I miss her!

I agree. I'll miss her hosting the Italian jewelry shows. I miss the days of hosts who took time to enunciate their words and who could pause to take a breath between sentences.
Valued Contributor

On 1/31/2015 mgkl1 said: I was never a "fan" of Lisa, but I must admit she was very good at her job. I do see a difference, which makes me appreciate how polished and "in tune" she was with the items she presented. She displayed a comfortable flow with her approach and she didn't seem to struggle or stumble awkwardly with her words, which I have noticed many do when they are presenting alone without a vendor. I do think, for several reasons, her departure has hurt the company. I hardly watch anymore, due to many of the reasons others have stated: poor programming, prices, and host antics. Must say I do think Sharon is very personable and professional. : )
This describes how I feel about it too. Lisa was good at her job, and I miss that level of professionalism among the hosts.
Honored Contributor

Sorry, but I think QVC is much better without LR and I'm a LR fan. I find myself watching more of QVC on tv than I have in seversl years. I think its because the other hosts are getting more air time. It's good to see more faces, hear more voices. It seems like they have all had wonderful hair and makeup makeovers. They are dressing better. Lisa's leaving has been like a breath of fresh air for QVC, everyone upped their game.