Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Are you wearing "chic" sneakers (trainors)?Smiley Happy

Not my style!

Honored Contributor
@ECBG

I have some brightly colored leather and canvas sneakers. Solids and prints. I think they are “jazzy”. Maybe the black leathers could be considered sophisticated. None of mine look “athletic.”
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:
@ECBG

I have some brightly colored leather and canvas sneakers. Solids and prints. I think they are “jazzy”. Maybe the black leathers could be considered sophisticated. None of mine look “athletic.”

@ALRATIBA Celebrate who you are!  They're not my style, we're all different!Smiley Happy  Enjoy!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

How are things like "cool jeans" and "sophisticated sneakers" different that "pretty dress" and  "classy jacket" ??????   Why are people objecting to the use of adjectives....LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I have always worn and love sneakers and my style preferences have changed over the years,   I have different colors and I call my slim black ones as my formal ones (kidding) Sneakers are so comfortable.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I cannot buy sneakers or any shoes online due to fit problems and ongoing tendonitis in my left achilles tendon. So that means that any pair of shoes including sneakers cannot have a stiff ankle collar or have any points that will rub the back of my achilles tendon or anywhere else.

I think I have a few pair of cute sneakers that I only wear to physio currently including Bzees Topaz black knit slip on shoes in a size 8W as these have a bonded nylon back of the shoe. I did replace the flimsy wafer thin insoles that came with those shoes though.

I also have a pair of Nike Air Hurache Run Ultra shoes in a size 8M but again I ended up modifying them by removing the Nike sewn on rubber circle that dug into the top of my ankle and removed the fake shoe laces that I didn't need as I have a wider forefoot. I also replaced the thin, flat no arch insole and ended up cutting off the back ankle strap elastics as the left one dug into the back of my ankle after a while. 

When my feet are better I've got a couple pair of Skechers  Ultra Flex Bright Future trainers in a size 8M which have a soft and bendable heel collar. These are those knit upper shoes like a flyknit and that makes the shoe lightweight which is good.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I have always worn and love sneakers and my style preferences have changed over the years,   I have different colors and I call my slim black ones as my formal ones (kidding) Sneakers are so comfortable.

I love sneakers too.  I love my converse.  I wear Tony Littles trainers too, very comfortable.