Honored Contributor

Son getting married soon---tried on my wedding attire today--

My son is getting married Sept 14th---loveHeart his soon to be wife!! I found my dress early in the year, and bought it. It was snug around the tummy and hips--nothing that a 10 lb weight  loss wouldn't fix.Woman Frustrated Then found my shoes, purse, a shaper--shapermint is amazing, btw--- and even a new bra for my prothesis or as my DD and I like to refer to them as "party boobs" --I only wear them if I am doing something social--like a party.Woman Wink Put everything on today and---as a host of angels was singing---the dress fit great as did the new bra with  the faux girls installed---but the shoes are all wrong and decided on a long leg shaper instead---so hopped on AMZ and found everything I needed--ordered 2 sizes just in case---and should get it all in a few days. So, am very glad I didn't wait to try stuff on the day before----

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Son getting married soon---tried on my wedding attire today--

Aw, don't you love it when things work out just right?  That's great news that everything fit so well and, no doubt, looks great.

Hope you're happy with the new shoes. 

Congrats to you and your family.  Hoping you all have a beautiful and loving day!

Honored Contributor

Sounds like it is all coming together and you are having fun with the process.  You are smart to try things on, together, before hand.  

Have a wonderful time!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

My son is getting married in April so I still have to go thru all the preliminaries like you did, I will be thinking of you on the 14th , congrats !!!

Valued Contributor

@wagirl   Tha'ts so great!  I wish you could post a photo of the dress (maybe a photo from the store you purchased?)

What did you decide about your hair?  I remember a post not too long ago where you were undecided about cut/color??  Can't quite remember.  

Respected Contributor

@wagirl   You were smart!  Took care of things ahead of time so that stress wasn't an issue!  Would love to see some pictures of your complete outfit or you on the special day, if you choose to share it.  Congrats to the soon to be married couple too!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@simplyfriends ---here it is---maybeWoman Frustratedyes I did it!!Woman Very Happy It was from a store online that I had never heard of before--was slightly scared it would be awful but it is very nice. Don't remember the store name.  I decided on getting highlights/lowlights and a very conservative hair cut --just a very small amount off  to clean it up---that happened last week--it looks pretty good and the cut is amazing--short and  choppy and spikey. New DIL to-be,  chose dusty pink, sage green, a light tan and creamy white as her colors and this dress has all those in it. Love the chiffon over dress too. My shoes I ordered, are a light pink, and/or one a champagne color--ordered 2 colors to make sure. dress.jpg

Valued Contributor

@wagirl   Just another thought - don't forget about talking to your son about the mother/son dance.  My son asked me to help him pick out the song and then we practiced just one time but it really helped my nerves to have that done early. It will be fun!  

Valued Contributor

@wagirl   I love it ❤️ Beautiful dress!!

Respected Contributor

@wagirl, beautiful dress, and what a sense of relief to know everything has come together.