Honored Contributor

Re: Someone Over 40 Should Not Wear These. . .

What does anyone's age have to do with ill-fitting clothing?  So it's okay for a 35 year old to wear ill-fitting clothing but not a 40 year old?  LOL 

Super Contributor

🙃😎. I think, at any age, I'll fitting clothes, are not your friend!

I find most of these lists to be rather pointless.

The vast majority of us know what we like and what looks good on us. A mirror is a much better guideline, than how many years you have on board!

Honored Contributor

This morning while grocery shopping I saw a lady (clearly over 40) wearing an AC/DC t-shirt with denim cut-offs.  Had she been wearing another fashion faux pas, I would have issued her a fashion citation. I decided an oral warning would suffice.

Valued Contributor

I love lists like this, they are so ridiculous. Just like the ones who say who tell you who the best bands are or the best movies "OF ALL TIME".  Here is my opinion: Wear what you like, as long as it is appropriate for public viewing, makes you happy, and is acceptable to the venue you are going to be in.  If I had Jennifer Lopez's over-40 body I would wear a crop top every day, but not to church for instance.   I don't, so I won't.  #6 and #9 are not my personal taste for ME to wear.  

Respected Contributor

The only item I have any issues with is #6. I think fanny packs are awful for everyone.

Valued Contributor

some of these replys are funny.  It's your life and you should wear what makes you happy and comfortable no matter what your age.  This is not a dress rehearsal, be happy.  

Honored Contributor

I don't agree with Hoodies, Tshirts, or full on prints(depends on the print, if done tastefully can be ok)....