Honored Contributor

Re: Someone Over 40 Should Not Wear These. . .

Short shorts?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now you're just making me laugh.  When the day comes that Yahoo! tells me what to wear, just stick a fork in me....because I'm done...lol   I hope I live long enough to see the day when women no longer do this to themselves or to other women, it's ridiculous.  I do think no living person should ever wear a fanny pack though....lol

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Well, I am 62 and use a fanny type pack on my dog walks...

holds my radio, my doggie pickup bags and my mace.  Could not function without it! 

You should be soooo ashamed of yourself--NOT.  Is a person supposed to lug a purse around while walking their dog?  Ridiculous.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Hoodies come in handy if you're like me who rides public transit to work and the ac is cranked up to the max. And they're good for cool nights on a beach boardwalk. They're just sweatshirts with a hood...come on Yahoo, stop being ridiculous and don't worry about what we wear.

Although I don't bare my midriff because I wear a size 3x. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom,   There is always the exception.  OMG!  Pink across the butt portion?  Gross for anyone.  lol  Yes, there are women who refuse to grow old and end up looking foolish.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@MezzieStarr Perfectly said, I agree 👍👏

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom,

Many thanks for the list, I am in my early 50's and I wear a lot of these non recommended items and not even my children call me foolish which is a big thing!🌻I am all for creativity no dot mind guidance however at my age I know what looks nice on me. This is the beauty of mankind veryone is different.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG,

This is the poetic license of the list. I guess it might be some kind of extreme alliteration ( just kidding)🌻

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

. . . according to Yahoo! style. Do you agree?

1. Ill-fitting clothes

2. Bare midriffs

3. Hoodies

4. Baseball caps worn backwards

5. Baggy or saggy pants

6. Fanny packs

7. Band, graphic, or logo T-shirts

8.Full-on prints

9. Shredded denim

Not sure I agree with #8. They advise you to wear full prints in accessories. I have some printed tops and dresses I love, and I'm not going to give them up! Smiley Wink

UNDER NO circumstances will ANYONE dictate what I wear, when I wear it and why I'm wearing it.  NEVER.

If I want to Rock a 70's Daishiki and purple platform shoes ~ I'll wear it.  If I want to wear a psychedelic tshirt I'll wear it.  If I want to wear a T Shirt with Earth Wind and Fire on it ~ I will.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

@ECBG,

This is the poetic license of the list. I guess it might me some kind of extreme alliteration ( just kidding)🌻

@CHIP62,Thanks.  Actually I've seen exceptions of almost everything all across the board.  Smiley Happy