Honored Contributor

Re: Some wealthy people are selling their used garments.....

How else are "they" going to get rid of it?   Not really the type of articles a charity thrift would even accept.    

(You can buy used movie wardrobe clothing, also).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

It's just supply and demand--and if there's a market for their items at the prices they're asking, then more power to them and also to the buyers! For me, I have absolutely no interest in buying overpriced designer items/clothing--and I would defiinitely not want any "used" items. I prefer new myself. 

Esteemed Contributor

Khloe Kardashian Under Fire for Selling True’s Used Clothing Instead of Donating Them

Taking her fans to the cleaners?  Khloe Kardashian

has drawn ire from fans after listing her daughter True Thompson's ‘s used clothes for sale instead of donating them.

Some of the items listed in the section include a Ralph Lauren jacket for $150, a pair of Fendi Kids jeans for $495 and an Aristocrat Kids dress, on sale for $556, originally listed for $695. Even simple t-shirts, such as a Mickey Mouse shirt, runs for $75, and a pair of Adidas Stan Smith tennis shoes for $55 — new 

Naturally, some fans were taken aback by the Keeping up with the Kardashians alum selling used children’s clothes as opposed to donating to organizations that help families.  

“I love Khloé but this should be illegal,” a Twitter user commented on [Khloé’s] the Good American founder’s tweet. “I had no idea they were doing this. I have definitely changed my view.”

“Wow, True’s outfits cost more than some can afford. We recycle our babies’ clothes and give [them] to the next mother,” another wrote. “We take great care of them. … It’s better to give.” Another added, “It’s not like [Khloé] even paid for these in the first place! Do you realize how many people and designers must have sent her free clothing in the hopes of being photographed? Khloe is making a [100 percent] profit.”

One social media user simply asked, “Are you broke? These prices are ridiculous!”

This is not the first time Khloé has found herself in hot water over items sold on Kardashian Kloset. In July 2020, designer Christian Cowan accused the reality TV star of selling a sample dress he sent for her to borrow — instead, he claimed, it ended up on their resale website. 

At the time, the designer shared a screenshot via Instagram of the dress and tagged Khloé, writing, “Why are my runway samples I loaned to you being sold on your website?” He added, “We’ve emailed [three] times and had no response.”

I AM NOT A FAN OF THIS TRIBE.  I DO AGREE WITH PEOPLE who ARE THEIR FANS in this regard.

Source: Life and Style Magazine

January 14, 2022

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@rhinestonechickie wrote:

Jackie Kennedy was known for selling her clothing previously worn and unworn in uper NYC consignment shops.  This was while she was married to Onassis.  

That's just as distasteful in my opinion @rhinestonechickie 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

isnt this how kim kardashian got started in the business? wasnt she helping paris hilton do resales of her clothing?

there are lots of ways to resell these days......realreal, poshmark,mercari,thredup, facebook, ebay, instagram.

Uhhh, I would say Kim Kardashian got started in the business in a, how shall we say, much more intimate way. Woman Wink 

Super Contributor

This family...what can I say. It is their right to do whatever they want with clothing they have definitely been given or they have purchased. Is their behavior regarding True's clothing tacky and somewhat selfish? Yes. Is it my business? No. Does it surprise me? Not at all. Do I care? No. Whether I am outraged or not makes no difference to them and therefore will not cause any change in the behavior to occur. So, I won't waste any more energy worrying about what these idiots are up to.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   My favorites also.  I have taken some of my mostly unworn clothes to a local consignment store, but mostly I donate what I no longer want.

Esteemed Contributor

No...not interested....

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I purchase things I need, so if I felt I had a use for a certain item it wouldn't matter who previously owned it.