Super Contributor

Re: Some spandex in your tops please...

I find 100% cotton sticks and clings to you (not a good look) and it shrinks and fades. I love Lycra in every clothing I wear. And in pants the more the better. I don't have any article of clothing in my closet that doesn't contain some amount of Lycra. It's the only way to go.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy cotton tees at Kohl's & they don't shrink or lose their shape at all. Spandex in a top makes it grab at the middle which I don't like. I usually buy the wider cut at the midrrift as I don't like my tees tight.

Esteemed Contributor

A little spandex goes a long way. I would prefer 1% to 5%. Just enough to not shrink and have a little fit. Kohl's & Targets have too much spandex, made for juniors.

Regular Contributor

I have several of Liz 100% cotton knit shirts. They wash and dry beautifully and do not shrink or lose their shape.

If you want spandex, go get the Denim and Co "perfect jersey". That's basically all they sell.

Esteemed Contributor

Even one percent makes a big difference unless some women like to wear a ""box"" or worse. So take this into consideration Linda to at least make some of LC tops with some spandex in them. Thank you! That is why I decided to start this thread. The cotton tops after one washing gets out of shape and shrinks in the wrong places.

Super Contributor

Cotton shrinks! It would be nice to have at least one percent span in these tops.

Frequent Contributor

Last summer I tried the 100% cotton from QF because Angel said all cotton is wonderful. Big mistake. After one washing, the shape is 'off'. After additional washings, the shirts look like rags. No more 100% cotton for me. 1 to 5% spandex makes a huge difference in holding its shape wash after wash. I picked up a couple of white Tshirts for $5 at Meijer...95/5. Have worn and washed them and no shrinkage....and they still have their shape. Denim & co washes well and holds shape. Very disappointed that QF has way too many tops in all cotton.
Valued Contributor

On 2/16/2014 twopeas said:

I have four of Liz C 100% cotton tee shirts that have not shrunk even a tiny bit. They've been washed and dried for a couple of years and they still look brand new. The cotton is very hefty and they are my favorite tee shirts. They are my go to's and I consider them extremely well made and comfortable. I don't think we can categorize 100% cotton into one lump. There are different weights and that makes a huge difference. LC are awesome.

I've had the same experience.

Super Contributor

I'm surprised at all the replies saying that 100% cotton clings and spandex doesn't. I won't buy anything with spandex in because it's so unflattering to wear. I'm not overweight by any means (5'4", 125lbs) but I feel like a Michelin man in tops that contain spandex. All cotton just falls, spandex clings.

Super Contributor

I much prefer 100% cotton and I glad that LC still offers it. It is getting harder to find.