Honored Contributor

Re: Some should not wear them

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

Since you're such an expert on what people should and shouldn't wear, you should submit your resume so Q can hire you as their resident stylist.......problem solved. Smiley Wink

I would like to know where you attended charm school so we can all avoid it.

So bashing people's clothing choices and the way they look in them = charming

Calling someone out for said bashing = not charming

Ok, got it. Duly noted. I shall let my charm school teacher know pronto.....

@Iluvhandbags

Remember that girl in middle school that used to laugh the loudest and longest when the bully made jokes at someone else's expense?

She's still working on her membership into the Mean Girls Club

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Could you be referring to some of those 'tight fitting jeans'?  (whatever name they are known by)     Tight, shows everything (good and the bad) - sausage casing.  Like Bob Mackel often says - - don't women look in a mirror anymore?

song - Tight Fitting Jeans sang by Conway Twitty

We used to say "its as tight as skin on bologny!" Woman Very Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I think the Vendors probably ask what size the host is and put aside THAT size for them to wear during the presentation.....and AS WE ALL KNOW ...sizing can be WAY OFF especially between diffierent lines of clothes.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

I'm 68....69 in a few months. Age does not have anything to do with ability to assess size and fit. If anything, with age comes wisdom. 😜

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree. You do have a valid point. No fashion Gods here, but when I walk out my door in the morning wearing what I choose, I'm not trying to sell my outfit. I think our point is to better show the clothing so that the buyer can judge fit/size. To accomplish this, the hosts and models should be wearing the appropriate size. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@5missy wrote:

Blonde Maria looked adorable in the peace,love world skirt.  How old are you chicks anyway? Maybe in need of some peace and love, perhaps.

It's not a matter of age - it's a matter of taste, or lack thereof. 

Most of us have plenty of peace and hopefully love as well, and we reserve our costumes for Halloween.

As to how old?  Old enough to know better.

Super Contributor

And old enough not to be called a " chick " ....

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I think the Vendors probably ask what size the host is and put aside THAT size for them to wear during the presentation.....and AS WE ALL KNOW ...sizing can be WAY OFF especially between diffierent lines of clothes.

I suspect this is what happens with the models. The clothing they will model in a particular show is most likely pulled by the stylists in their "regular" QVC sizes. When the clothing isn't "true to size" or comes from a line that runs larger or smaller than average, there are fit problems.

Valued Contributor

About 50% of the time I think the stylists do a great job dressing the models. That means, in my opinion they're sending the models out with something I don't like 50% of the time. I don't even want to get into specifics about the style elements I don't like. Some of you are out there wearing/doing one of the things I don't like. It's not my goal to be mean to those whose shopping choices differ from mine. There are a lot of fashions on tv, on QVC, in the movies and in the real world that I would never wear. In a million years I wouldn't tell someone on the street that their look was hideous or ridiculous. Yet, women make such comments anonymously on here all the time. Yes, it's our right to an opinion! But it can also be hurtful.