Honored Contributor

Re: Some should not wear them

I think some of the hosts grit their teeth and wear the item.  They know when they don't look good. 

Honored Contributor

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

Since you're such an expert on what people should and shouldn't wear, you should submit your resume so Q can hire you as their resident stylist.......problem solved. Smiley Wink

I would like to know where you attended charm school so we can all avoid it.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

The hosts wear what the stylists tell them to wear and unless I missed something, there are no Fashion Gods on this board.  You can make style choices for yourself but not for someone else.  It's not like YOU look good in everything YOU wear...  But none judges you for it because it's your choice and it's just clothes.....

You are absolutely right but if QVC has intention of selling these items, they need to take a second look at their presentation. No fashion god here, but I can still see what looks good to me and the vast majority of the buying public.  I did work in marketing once upon a time and marketing is marketing in any business, whether it is hardware, software or fashion.

Honored Contributor

It depends on the stylist.  And the sizes of the samples that were sent (ahead of time) for the models to wear/model on each show.  'Chances are' that the Q doesn't have tons of larger sizes (of each and every item) laying around for the curvier models to wear.  p.s.  I've been noticing that the Medium sized models' fashions aren't too tight at all.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

Since you're such an expert on what people should and shouldn't wear, you should submit your resume so Q can hire you as their resident stylist.......problem solved. Smiley Wink

So bashing people's clothing choices and the way they look in them = charming

Calling someone out for said bashing = not charming

Ok, got it. Duly noted. I shall let my charm school teacher know pronto.....

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

Well, clearly she would do a better job because from what I have seen recently....the stylists are anything but. The criticisms prevalent here are valid and truthful. 

I agree that many of us, who are not professional stylists, could do a better job than the 'professionals.' JMHO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

So bashing people's clothing choices and the way they look in them = charming

Calling someone out for said bashing = not charming

Ok, got it. Duly noted. I shall let my charm school teacher know pronto.....

I refuse to respond to the insanity.

Honored Contributor

Styling the individual wearer to her best advantage for her specific body type doesn't seem to be high on the priority list at the Q.

Sizing or proper sizing is just another example of overlooked priorities. And I'm not buying the 'they can't dress everybody in their correct size' excuse

Frequent Contributor

@5missy, I would have hearted your comment a million times if I could! Heart

Respected Contributor

I had to hunt down the video of Maria wearing the skirt described.

She looked great!