Respected Contributor

They're not for me, but sometimes it's fun to see how styles are currently interpreted. Here are some updated & fancy minis from BHLDN.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Honored Contributor

I wore a lot of similar designs back in the 60's. Fun to look at these 

One of them reminds me of a costume I wore when I played "Maisie" in "The Boyfriend" in Junior High.😀

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Well, they're cute on those skinny models with skinny legs, but let me get a hemline even 1 inch above my knee and........  Kinda funny since I know other VERY conservative dressers who can wear their hemlines shorter and it's perfectly okay, but on me it's a total no.  I have one nice dress that hits me just above the knee and while I don't think it is my best look, I never expected someone to actually come out and "constructively criticize" it.  I'll still wear it though.

Honored Contributor

A couple of those are barely covering her private areas. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Some Updated Minis

[ Edited ]

I had a couple exactly like pic#1 back in the 1960's.  They were not lace or as fancy but the style is exactly the same.

So nothing new in that pic.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I wore dresses similar to #1 back in late 60s to early 70's (graduated '72).

I was called a beanpole back then.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids  I wonder what people thought about minis back in the mod 1960's & the 1970's. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

Honored Contributor

A lot of these are so cute!  They did remind me of my days - way back when -- when I could, and did, wear minis!  Fashion was so much fun back then!  Oh, my --- I wish now that I had kept a few of my few cute fashion items.  I can remember a lot of them very clearly.  I had a lot of favorites and every time I wore one of them, I felt so happy!  When you are young and care free and have a slim, great figure, you just could wear any and everything and never gave it a thought!  Those were the days!  Woman Very Happy  I never thought that all these fashions would all be coming back!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Super cute, and we wore minis back in the 70's as well..

Respected Contributor

Scandalous!!

we wore Minis, The Micromini and Hot Pants!   And Crop Tops!  

But nothing slinky, lame etc.