Esteemed Contributor

Re: 70s fashion - surprisingly modern

Oh, I loved 70's fashion and I loved Charlie's Angels.  Gee, I wish it was the 70's again.  Life was simpler then.  Sigh

Honored Contributor

Re: 70s fashion - surprisingly modern

@Citrine1 wrote:

Oh, I loved 70's fashion and I loved Charlie's Angels.  Gee, I wish it was the 70's again.  Life was simpler then.  Sigh

The MUSIC was THE best !!!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Some 70s fashion - surprisingly modern

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Jessica Fletcher wore some stuff that "could have been" Logo...........

You're teasing us, right?  As I remember, her outfits were extremely conservative - pants suits, solid colors, nothing extravagant, always classic.

Nope!    When she was "dressed up"..........it was always something "flowy"

I was trying to click "reply" and the page jumped to "best answer." 

Anyway, I wanted to say that I now feel compelled to watch some episodes of Murder, She Wrote

ETA:  Murder She Wrote was 1984 to 1996.  We can start another thread on those fashions, but so far nothing on the internet suggests anything less than conservative, non-Logo-ish items worn by Jessica.

Please post if you find any. 

I don't think this is a serious enough subject to do research (!!!)

Of course it's not serious.  I thought you were joining in because it's fun.   Obviously, compared to nutrition or medicine or engineering or any number of subjects, fashion is always going to be on the low end of the seriousness scale.  I didn't expect you to do research, I thought maybe you had some examples already.  I should have said, Please post if you have any.  Or if anyone else has any, it would be fun to see.

All I found was her fairy godmother dress, which wasn't evening wear per se, but a costume.

And wow, I can't get over how many sites are devoted to fashion worn by Jessica Fletcher in Murder She Wrote.  Who knew? 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Ah the 70's, I was in the prime of my life and remember wearing fashions like that. Loved Charlie's Angels, my younger sister was actually a FF look alike, we had a ball when we went to night clubs.

Esteemed Contributor

Had Farah hair on my wedding day....LOL

Respected Contributor

i was a great farrah fan and she could really wear clothes.  she knew exactly what worked for her.

Honored Contributor

My daughter turned 30 last week (YIKES!!) and her party this past weekend, I found out at the last moment, actually had a theme for the dress: Living in the Past.

I then realized I could easily pull it off with some new items that screamed 70's! Vests, tie dye, jump suits, etc.