Honored Contributor

Re: Solution to drooping bra strap mystery

Bra straps always seem to be too long on my small frame. I have to adjust them all the way to the shortest length and they're still a bit too long. I wish they would make bras for a petite woman. In other words, make the straps shorter and also make the cups closer together, with less distance between them.  Does that make any sense?

Respected Contributor

I’ve always had sloping shoulders. Racer back bras solved the problem for me.  Those falling bra straps used to really get on my nerves.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

Bra straps always seem to be too long on my small frame. I have to adjust them all the way to the shortest length and they're still a bit too long. I wish they would make bras for a petite woman. In other words, make the straps shorter and also make the cups closer together, with less distance between them.  Does that make any sense?

Yes!  I know exactly what you mean, @SilleeMee. (5’2” and shrinking)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

5/8 inch Bra Strap Holders M5440@VivianYou can buy these bra strap holders. There are all different kinds and colors.

Trusted Contributor

I had the same problem and finally bought a couple of styles of Breezies that had padded straps and the straps set slightly closer to the neck. They are so comfortable and no more constantly lifting the straps back up on my shoulders. Also, the prices are so reasonable!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

5/8 inch Bra Strap Holders M5440@VivianYou can buy these bra strap holders. There are all different kinds and colors.

How do you get these kinds of bra things on??  I've seen this kind as well as others.  I'm not a contortionist...lol!

Occasional Contributor

I have one strap that falls also! I use one piece of hollywood fashion tape and never have that problem anymore!!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMeeI always hook my bra in front then put this on and turn around. I had a bra that the straps set too far out and this worked for me.

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@SilleeMeeI always hook my bra in front then put this on and turn around. I had a bra that the straps set too far out and this worked for me.

Thank you @VenturaHighway for explaining that to me.Woman Happy Guess I'm having a 'duh' moment. I don't know why I didn't think of that because I always put my bras on the same way as you do...LOL!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I'm still trying to figure out the vaseline thing, one would think it would make the strap slip more.  Exactly where do you put the vaseline?  Right under the strap, on the round top of the shoulder, where?