Trusted Contributor

I want a Soft Surroundings jacket (some of them are gorgeous!) but I'm leery about the sizing.  Some conflicting information in the reviews.

How does their sizing compare to Talbot's and Loft, for example?

Honored Contributor

Re: Soft surroundings sizing?

I've never shopped at Loft .... but based on my experience, SS isn't as "generous" at Talbot's.

I'd advise you to check the size chart.  I go up a size in SS from my QVC size.

Trusted Contributor

Wow, thanks @ALRATIBA .  I take a comfortable extra large at Talbots and Loft, I guess it went to my head and I was thinking it reflected reality because it was two stores.

Frequent Contributor

I also go up one size for Soft Surroundings.  For instance, I wear a size Large in Linea by Louis Dell'Olio, but an Extra Large in Soft Surroundings.

Respected Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

I want a Soft Surroundings jacket (some of them are gorgeous!) but I'm leery about the sizing.  Some conflicting information in the reviews.

How does their sizing compare to Talbot's and Loft, for example?

I'm a petite, and I find Soft Surroundings sizes -- even in petite -- to be huge on me.

Super Contributor

I usually go for a medium in SS -  I'm a size 8 and small in Graver.  If the item is semi-fitted or has no stretch I think medium work best for me.  I have purchased pants and a 10 works best.  I think they run smaller then QVC clothes for the most part.