Respected Contributor

Does anyone buy from this company? Are they true to size and durable? The styles are cute, a bit different but rather pricey. 

Respected Contributor

Be careful. High s&h both ways. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've purchased 6-8 tops from them in the last 5 years or so and have loved them all.  They're still in my closed or folded in my cubes and are worn on a regular basis.  Have had no quality issues whatsoever.  I do follow the washing and drying instructions.

There are probably folks out there who have purchased a lemon or two, but I've not and, again, loved everything.

Whenever a catalog arrives, my husband asks if I want to go through it and I tell him to ditch it before I find something I NEED!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have a store where I shop. I have Four or five tops. I am happy with them and have worn well. I can have the store order for me from the catalog with free shipping and handling.

Respected Contributor

@chessylady. I have ordered from Soft Surroundings and have been pleased with all of my purchases.  Sizing for me is close to the b/m stores...a little smaller than QVC.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy a lot from them ... a couple of times a year.  I order my normal size and the stuff fits me.  

I can't answer about "durable."  I'm not very hard on my clothes.  Stuff lasts me forever.

Regular Contributor

I always love their catalogs, but I have not loved the merchandise in the stores so much.  Maybe it isn't my style.  Also very pricey.  I am a petite and I find their clothes too big (in their petite sizes), and I feel most of their clothes are much too heavy for Texas.  I would suggest you try to go into a store to see things before buying.

Valued Contributor

@chessylady 

I recently ordered  * L *  cologne/perfume  in rollerball form.  I LOVE IT!

Try it, you may like it. Very different and unusual.   I discovered via patch in the catalog. 

Keep Calm and Carry On, 

CAT

Esteemed Contributor

@maggi the cat wrote:

I always love their catalogs, but I have not loved the merchandise in the stores so much.... 

I feel exactly the same as @maggi the cat.  I was so excited when a SS opened in my area...they do have some unusual pieces, but I'm not especially in love with the quality.  Yes, I have found a few things I liked and they have held up fairly well, but it's hit and miss...mostly miss.   Also, even though I'm 5' 8.5", almost every top is too long for me.  IMO, their prices are way out-of-line with what you get.  I do think their bedding is beautiful.  

@chessylady  You can call the King of Prussia store and place a catalog order with no shipping (shipping is high if you call the catalog order #)...you have to pay shipping to return.  Paragraph above notwithstanding, I'd say it's worth a shot...YMMV.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Super Contributor

I have 5-6 tops from them . Pricey but different which I like. They are mostly tunic style so they are intended to be long and I am 5' 6" . I ordered my B&M size and everything fits great. I also bought a beautiful comforter on Black Friday as it was on sale and I got a free blanket style  poncho with it.  I also ordered  2 necklaces that were on sale - again different styles than you see everywhere.The packaging is very nice and the tags have your name on them  and if you place bigger orders they give you 20 % off on a future  item. I try to order when  they have a deal of some sort  Smiley Happy