Esteemed Contributor

I like some of the fashions in the "Soft Surroundings" clothes site, and am thinking aobut ordering something. Reviews are good, but some say that the sizing can run small, depending on the style. 

Does anyone have experience with the clothes, and should I size up in the ordering? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I like some of the fashions in the "Soft Surroundings" clothes site, and am thinking aobut ordering something. Reviews are good, but some say that the sizing can run small, depending on the style. 

Does anyone have experience with the clothes, and should I size up in the ordering? 

I would say they run big

judging by what I saw in store 

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I find that even their petite styles are HUGE.  In addition to the reviews, check their sizing charts (even though, sadly, they're not always reliable), and if you really like the item, call the company and ask questions.

Honored Contributor

Re: Soft Surroundings

[ Edited ]

@vsm wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

I find that even their petite styles are HUGE.  In addition to the reviews, check their sizing charts (even though, sadly, they're not always reliable), and if you really like the item, call the company and ask questions.

agree with this

but it is such a fun store to look in (other than the god awful music).

big band is fine but not everyone shopping there wants to hear it , I think their demographic is probably 50s or 60s into 70s music 

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

Check the measurements chart against your body measurements

The few things I've ordered, I went up one size - the fit was perfect.

---------------------------------

@teganslaw wrote:

Frequent Contributor

I love Soft Surroundings clothes.  There is not a store nearby, so I order online and always go up a size.  I mainly wear a Large in most things, but with Soft Surroundings, I always order an X-Large.

Honored Contributor

Re: Soft Surroundings

[ Edited ]

I think many of the tops run large.  I haven't bought any of their clothing in a while, but I used to call the store nearest me and place my order to avoid the high S&H charges.  

ETA:  LOL.  Opinions differ on the sizing🤷🏼‍♀️

Respected Contributor

Totallyagree with @tobe . I have been ordering from them for a while. I usually stay with my size or go up a size. Be careful of shipping and return shipping. Can get very expensive.

Honored Contributor

In my experience, I size up in close fitting pieces.

@jackthebear Our horrible music is jazz and big band.  I'll bet yours has the same CD.  It's horrid!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all the replies. There are several tops I like, so when I decide on one I'll read the measurements and go by the style and reviews on that item. Close fitting style, I'll size up, but looser, flowing styles would remain the size I usually take. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain