Honored Contributor

I was watching a presentation of the TSV Vionic boots....the model was wearing the boot with ankle pants and no socks.   

I live in the midwest - and once it starts to snow I have to wear socks - is the trend not to wear socks with that style of shoe/boot with ankle pants?

I probably would not wear ankle pants in the winter but just wondering what the trend is.....and YES, before anyone says it...I will wear what I want to just asking the question...thanks

Respected Contributor

Agree with you @Mom2Dogs, no way that I will wear ankle pants and boots with no socks.  It is cold outside.  (upstate NY).

I think this "trend" is one of those things that you'll see in magazines and on TV but not in real life.   At least for those of us in cold weather states.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

They are probably wearing a low profile sock

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I was watching a presentation of the TSV Vionic boots....the model was wearing the boot with ankle pants and no socks.   

I live in the midwest - and once it starts to snow I have to wear socks - is the trend not to wear socks with that style of shoe/boot with ankle pants?

I probably would not wear ankle pants in the winter but just wondering what the trend is.....and YES, before anyone says it...I will wear what I want to just asking the question...thanks

@Mom2Dogs  It does get fairly cold in NC, too. If I’m wearing ankle length dressy pants, I wear the no show socks inside my ankle boots...2” of cold ankles between pants and boots won’t be too uncomfortable. With jeans, I sometimes do trouser socks, but only if boots are higher or jeans longer...

Honored Contributor

Wearing ankle boots with shorter pants is a huge trend this fall & winter. Showing the skin on your lower leg with them is the “current” style. It is a fashion statement - definitely not practical in cold climates. Not anything I would choose to do. Personally, if it is cold enough for boots I will be wearing socks and full length pants or jeans. 

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  The only time I wear socks is when I'm working out in my running shoes or gym shoes.  I hate them.  Yes, I live in NE Ohio where it gets plenty cold and snowy.  I wear ankle boots this time of year, then move up to tall boots when it gets colder.  My feet are always hot except in the summer when I wear my Birks!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Yes, I wear ankle pants with booties and no socks, while the weather still permits.  I live in the mid-Atlantic states, so we can sometimes get fairly mild winters up thru the end of December.  I put socks on when it does get very cold, but I also wear mid-calf and tall boots by then as well. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Socks with booties?

[ Edited ]

I don't care if it's a fashion thing right now or not. But for me it's too cold to be wearing short pants and ankle boots with no socks. BURRRR!  I'm in Colorado.

Honored Contributor

I wear ankle socks or footies with my booties.  I wear knee socks with my tall boots.  I dont need heavy sock anymore since I live in NC now.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs

I don't care what the trends are or what anyone else does.

Other than sandals, I always wear some sort of socks with shoes and boots.  Just the thought of bare feet in shoes/boots is awful!  Knee-hi hose or trouser socks or pantyhose/tights depending on type of shoes.