Trusted Contributor

Re: Socks that don't cut off circulation

Try Vermont Country Store

Honored Contributor

I have found the same problem, so much so that I end up cutting a slit in the tops!

But then I found some 100% cotton terry cloth socks at Walgreens that are meant for circulation/diabetics but are just super comfortable, stay up and never tight!

They are found near the pharmacy section in a bin on the floor (not on one of the shelves). And sometimes they are on sale plus there is the senior discount once a month.

They have white, green, grey (haven't seen black).

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think there is going to be a one brand is comfortbale for all with this response.  That said, since becoming one who cannot even be barefoot in her home anymore the SmartWool brand is one I've been very plased with.  I usually buy mine at a local independent shoe store, but have also sought out bargains online as SmartWool socks start at around $15 a pair for footies (they are ALL wool--not blends).  I have a couple of separate medical conditions going on in my feet, and prices aside, SmartWool gives me the most comfort.  They never feel tight or binding yet my feet get that contained comfort I need.  The wool is very soft (I think most are made with merino wool).  Of course if you cannot wear wool then this brand would not be suitable.  

Valued Contributor

For this type of sock you want to see FootSmart site.  You will find many choices of socks and stockings that will answer your needs.

I like the nylon knee highs that have an expandable calf, and I do purchase the socks that don't have tight tops.  They stay up just fine!

Honored Contributor

On the bay,

Can you tell me the brand name of the socks that you find at walgreens?  TIA

Trusted Contributor

Walmart has socks made by Cuddl Duds that are super soft and not binding. Also as others have said the cotton socks they make for diabetics have no tight elastic on them. these can be bought at Walgrees and Discount Drug Mart as well as Walmart. There are lots of options out there. I have the cotton socks in white, tan, navy blue and grey. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

My DH has diabetic neuropathy and he likes the socks they sell at Footsmart.com. They do not have any elastic in them so no pressure around the calves.They are also very very soft.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i second the recommendartion for CuddlDuds socks. I bought mine at our local BJs. Very soft, 

Honored Contributor

I like foxriver, wigwam's, smartwool.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for HUE brand socks.