Honored Contributor

Re: Socks that don't cut off circulation

I'm sorry butterfly-I just noticed your question and I don't have the brand name. I just know Walgreens sells them in a bin by the pharmacy and I think they are labeled diabetic socks but maybe not. Not much help I know. The green are a bright cheery florescent green color if that helps. And they come up about 3 inches (not too long and not too short).

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I've always worn Thorlo socks for my workouts. Last week, I was at a new Marshall's and found Thorlo knee socks. I've been so tired of knee socks that are either too tight or fall down. I have normal size calves yet knee socks always present problems. However, the Thorlos are great. I found some at a discount at sierratradingpost.com and that's all I'm going to wear this winter.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thorlos are expensive but an excellent sock.  I'll check out Sierra Trading Post.

Valued Contributor

This is also my quest, and although you specified boot socks, I don't use those currently but I can tell you the ankle socks I have found recently that are comfy & non-binding:

Earth Therapeutics Moisturizing Aloe Socks

**I suggest doing price comparisons on the net, because I have found them for much better prices at various locations; but keep in mind the S&H 'gotcha's' that some places try to con us into missing, when we order.  I also usually utilize a site like 'RetailMeNot' dot com, to check for coupons that give a discount or if I'm really lucky, a discount code that includes  free S&H!  

Anyway, those socks above are warm, comfortable, non-binding & have the added bonus of being aloe-infused, to keep the feet softer.  My ankles get very sore if socks are too tight, so I am highly sensitive to this issue and the socks will be taken off post-haste if they cause any discomfort.  These I can wear all day & night, without having to take a rest from them. I hope this suggestion will be helpful for you or others with the same challenges.  

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Respected Contributor

@butterfly123  I just received the Sporto boot socks (package of 3) from HSN.  They are wonderful.  They stay up, are not tight on the calf and are nice and warm.  I have narrow feet and large calves and these are the best-fitting socks I've ever purchased.

Esteemed Contributor

OP so glad you posted about this as this has become a recent issue with me too.  I began to think it was a part of the aging game but apparently it isn't (so glad to know). 😊

Contributor

I also have had a problem with socks. Recently bought some in Boscov's by GOLDTOE and they are labeled as "non binding" . They are very comfortable.

Contributor

Try GOLDTOE "non binding" socks

Honored Contributor

I  appreciate everyone who contributed to the sock issue.  Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.