Honored Contributor

So who is buying the TS Spanx?

I am on the fence.  I have a dozen  of the Skinny tank.. Love them. But this might have more control without the overly tight feeling.  What are your feelings on this Spanx? 

Honored Contributor

Re: So who is buying the TS Spanx?

These tanks were on clearance last year so I bought one.  I don't care for it at all.  I wore it once and I've not worn it since.  I didn't like the material and even though I sized up I felt like 2 pounds of sausage in a 1 pound casing. 

I don't know if these are different than the ones they offered in the past and I've not seen any presentation of this one but the one I own is not a tank I would show.  It's like a shaper garment that I would only wear under something.  I'm not a shaper fan so this wasn't a good purchase for me.  I like tanks that I can wear under something and that can be seen, not one that looks like an under garment.   

Esteemed Contributor

Looks interesting. I'm thinking about it.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  Thanks so much for sharing your experience with these.  The Vendor said they have made changes to make it more comfortable. I do not like compression garments either...  that is why I am on the fence. Did you get the right size? They say to size up.   

Honored Contributor

I always love a good tank top. Unfortunately I just donated the Rhonda Shear version because, due to the nature of the fabric and its compression, it irritates the keloid (scar tissue) in the middle of my chest!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  Thanks so much for sharing your experience with these.  The Vendor said they have made changes to make it more comfortable. I do not like compression garments either...  that is why I am on the fence. Did you get the right size? They say to size up.   

I sized up one size in this when I bought it.  And my upper half isn't my trouble zone either.

I"m probably not the best judge because I really don't like shapewear.

Respected Contributor

am i the only one who thought that these were priced really high for a shaper tank?

Valued Contributor

I don't have a Spanx tank, but I have a couple of their other products. In my opinion the quality just isn't there. I washed and hung the items to dry. Despite proper care the seams are not holding. I don't think I should have to sew or repair something that costs this much. It ought to last more than a few wearings. My Spanx fit properly so it isn't because the seams were under too much "stress". Just not sewn well.  Just my opinion.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

Just looking at how tight it is on the picture of the model on the home page, it sets off my claustrophobia meter. I couldn't handle it being that tight. I really couldn't. 

Not criticizing the product.  It's me. I just couldn't handle it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I might be able to tolerate this in the winter, but no way could I tolerate it during the warmer months.  I'll pass.