Honored Contributor

I'm a Scorpio and more than 75% of my closet is black.  It's the best neutral ever.   I also like navy blue, but there's just too many shades of navy out there to match it well, so I don't wear much of it.

One thing I found amusing ..... @chrystaltree   .... have you actually been to a funeral lately?  People now wear the craziest and most inappropriate outfits .... with very little black to be seen!    

Honored Contributor

Re: So....who died??

[ Edited ]

I THINK .....summer died already!!! There should be a law that summer MUST be until the beginning of fall!!!!!  So depressing with all the dark colors, long sleeves type of clothing being thrown at us now. But that is retail folks---I went into target only to see back to school stuff already--we don't start school until Sept as well as the fall  clothing too. I'd wear black too, in mourning of no summer anymore!!!! I have a piece or 2 in black----mostly I have  denim as I don't work but because where I live, the weather is  mostly grey and dreary and just can't face wearing the dreary colors  eveyday. My tops are bright and colorful and I have different shades of denim, a couple dark denim but thats it.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44,

I went to a funeral just last year. I did wear all-black attire and I felt out of place!Smiley Embarassed Most of the people there were dressed like they were going to a picnic or something.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I'm a Scorpio and more than 75% of my closet is black.  It's the best neutral ever.   I also like navy blue, but there's just too many shades of navy out there to match it well, so I don't wear much of it.

One thing I found amusing ..... @chrystaltree   .... have you actually been to a funeral lately?  People now wear the craziest and most inappropriate outfits .... with very little black to be seen!    

I have heard that about today's funerals but I have not experienced it.  People still dress respectfully for funerals in my world.  Not the way they did back in the day, no hats and veils but subdued colors;  black, navy, gray. 

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

I noticed a while back that Pat seems to ALWAYS be wearing black lately. Is she in mourning or something? She's SO pretty and looks GREAT in the pastels she use to wear. Did someone ask her if she gained weight and now it's black all the time to look thinner? I wish she'd get back to the pretty colors she use to wear. I even tracked down one of the Soft Surroundings tops she wore (in aqua not black!) on air a looooong time ago and hoped it would look as good on me as it did on her!. What happened to bring on the all the time black outfits? It's depressing. 

navy and black are pudgy girls best friend. I speak from experience.

Respected Contributor

maybe its a New England thing but in some of the older city neighborhoods widowed women still wear all-black. i worked with a woman whose father passed away and she wore all black for one year as a sign of respect and because the "neighborhood" might talk about her. 

Honored Contributor

@BARBIE100 wrote:

I wear black often. It is a good backdrop for my jewelry, and I never think of it as "mourning attire"

@BARBIE100

i am the same way......i enjoy wearing black and all black frequently. it is especially fun because your accessories really get the chance to stand out. jewelry, handbags, shoes, scarves, sunglasses all help to make all black your own individual style statement.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

YEP I do not notice either.  I wear black 90% of the time myself. 

I just like it and always have.  If you feel comfy in black, or polka dots, or fuschia, or orange...YOU are the master of your own choice.  Do what makes ya happy.

Respected Contributor

I love black. It makes up the majority of my wardrobe. I find it kind of strange that people associate it with a funeral when it's considered the most classic of colors. I'm not into prints or loud clothing. Once in a while I'll wear a bright color, but it's not my favorite. It's just not my style.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Trusted Contributor

@apptini wrote:

Has no one wondered why SUSAN is on during GEM day.  Boy are they ever going to have a day, week, etc etc without Susan on.  It is getting a little much, especially with the TSV's.  Give other fashion designers a chance.......

Because Thursday mornings have been her regularly scheduled show times for several years.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning