Honored Contributor

Re: So while our thoughts and prayers are focused on Joan...

On 9/1/2014 benzgirl said:
On 8/31/2014 hopeQ1 said:

I'm wondering if the OP thinks of Joan's jewelry as such treasures and loves them so much, why is she now having to "dig them out" and is reminiscing over them? Sounds like they have been packed up and put away for a long time, so I guess they weren't so wanted for constant use. Now that Joan isn't well, you are suddenly in love with them again?

Sounds more like a disguise to me to start a thread about Joan as if she weren't going to be around much longer. I bet she wouldn't have even written this thread at all if everything were fine with Joan.

I hate all of these threads starting up because of Joan's situation.

Just pray for her instead of conversing about her as if she is or is about to be a memory.

You know nothing of me and do not have the right to judge my intentions. It isn't any of your business, but I will address your rudeness by informing you that the watches are not currently in style. However, they are tucked safely and LOVINGLY away, no doubt the batteries need to be replaced. I have TONS of jewelry that could be "dug out" as I have been shopping the Q for over 25 years. Now go along and play elsewhere and don't try to put a negative spin on a nice thread. And don't bother to reply because you will be ignored.

We all have items that from time to time we "put away" and don't wear/use as often. Doesn't mean we don't like them or value them.

Super Contributor

You are very welcome. My waistline never recovered from those cookies and doughnuts!
Super Contributor

I'm wondering if the OP thinks of Joan's jewelry as such treasures and loves them so much, why is she now having to "dig them out" and is reminiscing over them? Sounds like they have been packed up and put away for a long time, so I guess they weren't so wanted for constant use. Now that Joan isn't well, you are suddenly in love with them again?

Sounds more like a disguise to me to start a thread about Joan as if she weren't going to be around much longer. I bet she wouldn't have even written this thread at all if everything were fine with Joan.

Just pray for her instead of conversing about her as if she is or is about to be a memory.

You know nothing of me and do not have the right to judge my intentions. It isn't any of your business, but I will address your rudeness by informing you that the watches are not currently in style. However, they are tucked safely and LOVINGLY away, no doubt the batteries need to be replaced. I have TONS of jewelry that could be "dug out" as I have been shopping the Q for over 25 years. Now go along and play elsewhere and don't try to put a negative spin on a nice thread. And don't bother to reply because you will be ignored.
Way to go Benzgirl.
Super Contributor

What wonderful posts. I have some bees that i will be wearing tomorrow.
Super Contributor

I, too, am a fan of Joan Rivers..although I didn't agree with some if the things ahe would say, I felt like that was her "act" and was honest almost to a fault with some people. I admire anyone that speaks their mind and is not coerced into "backing down." I laugh out loud every time she is on air. I have a lot of her jewelry and I love her watches and recently bought my first joan jacket. The minute my mom saw it, she had to have one, too! Best wishes Joan!!! Hope to enjoy you again in the months to come! Hang on Melissa..your mom is loved and is in everyone's prayers!
Respected Contributor

Board Police and Prayer Police all in one! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Super Contributor

On 9/1/2014 Rocker said:

Way to go Benzgirl.
Just makes me mad Rocker when these trolls come around seeking a hidden agenda which obviously isn't there.
Super Contributor

On 9/1/2014 Rocker said:

Way to go Benzgirl.
Just makes me mad Rocker when these trolls come around seeking a hidden agenda which obviously isn't there.
Amen Benzgirl. Also, hope you are getting used to Tenn. now.
Super Contributor

On 9/2/2014 Rocker said:
On 9/1/2014 Rocker said:

Way to go Benzgirl.
Amen Benzgirl. Also, hope you are getting used to Tenn. now.
Thank you, Rocker. TN is lovely, but NY will always be 'home'. I really miss the lakes. (We lived in the Finger Lakes region of upstate...wine country). I understand there are some very nice lakes around Nashville but we haven't had much of a chance to explore that region. We went looking for Tim's Ford Lake about a month ago but really couldn't find an access road to get down to it. Maybe you really can't drive around it (?) We are heading over to Pigeon Forge and Cade's Cove in a few weeks and really looking forward to taking lots of great pics of wildlife. We have been to Pigeon Forge a couple times now and really love the area. In fact, once DH retires I wouldn't mind moving to the Smokies. Have you ever been? The natural beauty really appeals to my country girl nature. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Thanks Benzgirl for the post! I have always said that Joan could drunken call me anytime! That is my favorite skit is when she would ( I guess pretend) drink down wine and then call people on the phone! She would pretend to be drunk and then say all kinds of funny things. I won't give examples of the stars but it was hilarious. She was so current and funny!!! My husband and I own her DVD, Joan Rivers, A Piece Of Work and we're going to watch it tonight when he gets back from a trip today. He loved watching her on QVC as much or more as I did but wouldn't tell anyone, lol. I could always see Joan'a soft side underneath. She wore it on her shoulder and you always knew she was kidding. My favorite thing is when her and Lisa always said, "Love you, mean it". Also, I own a lot of her jewelry and scarves. I met a girl once on Ebay and she and I traded my Fiesta plates and things for her mother's Joan Rivers jewelry. They are my most cherished pieces! Well, reading this post is so nice! I also just realized that this is the first celebrity that I have so many fond memories of and could write about them. She was special to everyone, even those she never met.