Super Contributor

Re: So while our thoughts and prayers are focused on Joan...

I love Joan's jackets. Her's are the only ones that QVC sells that fit my short stature. I also think that she's a great comedian. She has a quick mind.

Occasional Contributor

Who can forget some of the commercials Joan did for QVC....funny!!!!!!! She is such a force - and at 81!!! When I saw her in Italy with her grandson, wearing High Heels at 81 --I thought, "she's my inspiration." I've followed her for years and loved her. I remember her on QVC with just jewelry and then she expanded into clothes and other items. At 81 - - QVC, The Melissa and Joan Show, Fashion Police, Stand-up comedy shows, In Bed with Joan - winner of Celebrity Apprentice. And she has rescue dogs!!! I love this woman!!! A POWERHOUSE. I cannot wrap my head around this happening to Joan during a "routine procedure." I've been on the internet 24/7 looking for news on her. It's like she's a member of my family. Praying..praying ....praying ....come-on Joan ---WE NEED you back in our lives!!!!

Super Contributor

I'm wondering if the OP thinks of Joan's jewelry as such treasures and loves them so much, why is she now having to "dig them out" and is reminiscing over them? Sounds like they have been packed up and put away for a long time, so I guess they weren't so wanted for constant use. Now that Joan isn't well, you are suddenly in love with them again?

Sounds more like a disguise to me to start a thread about Joan as if she weren't going to be around much longer. I bet she wouldn't have even written this thread at all if everything were fine with Joan.

I hate all of these threads starting up because of Joan's situation.

Just pray for her instead of conversing about her as if she is or is about to be a memory.

Super Contributor

The thing that I most lovingly recall, a precious memory that I will always treasure? Many years ago, I had just brought my mom home after her medical procedure. We were a little down and tired. We gathered the goodies, made tea and coffee and went into her cozy living room. Her special place. We turned on the TV, and Joan and Kathy Levine were on. We had a tea party with those two funny ladies. We ate and laughed until we cried! It was a wonderful afternoon! Mom ate and was so happy that day. It is a cherished memory. So, thank you Joan. Wishing you well. We love you!
Super Contributor

Kippy, that was a great post !

Super Contributor

Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

She has been in my thoughts all weekend.

Super Contributor

On 8/31/2014 hopeQ1 said:

I'm wondering if the OP thinks of Joan's jewelry as such treasures and loves them so much, why is she now having to "dig them out" and is reminiscing over them? Sounds like they have been packed up and put away for a long time, so I guess they weren't so wanted for constant use. Now that Joan isn't well, you are suddenly in love with them again?

Sounds more like a disguise to me to start a thread about Joan as if she weren't going to be around much longer. I bet she wouldn't have even written this thread at all if everything were fine with Joan.

I hate all of these threads starting up because of Joan's situation.

Just pray for her instead of conversing about her as if she is or is about to be a memory.

You know nothing of me and do not have the right to judge my intentions. It isn't any of your business, but I will address your rudeness by informing you that the watches are not currently in style. However, they are tucked safely and LOVINGLY away, no doubt the batteries need to be replaced. I have TONS of jewelry that could be "dug out" as I have been shopping the Q for over 25 years. Now go along and play elsewhere and don't try to put a negative spin on a nice thread. And don't bother to reply because you will be ignored.
Super Contributor

On 8/31/2014 KippyK3 said: The thing that I most lovingly recall, a precious memory that I will always treasure? Many years ago, I had just brought my mom home after her medical procedure. We were a little down and tired. We gathered the goodies, made tea and coffee and went into her cozy living room. Her special place. We turned on the TV, and Joan and Kathy Levine were on. We had a tea party with those two funny ladies. We ate and laughed until we cried! It was a wonderful afternoon! Mom ate and was so happy that day. It is a cherished memory. So, thank you Joan. Wishing you well. We love you!
What a lovely post, Kippy. Thank you for sharing.
Contributor

I started buying her jewelry line when she first came on many, many years ago. I was working at the time and she had great jewelry for how we dressed in those days. It got to be a competition between many of us as to who bought what. I loved all the pins I purchased along with the great necklaces. The egg, animal and flower necklaces were fun to watch build and build with the necklaces getting longer and longer. If she was on, I tried to schedule around her as I especially loved her with Kathy Levine. I feel like we have moved through life together and find this day difficult as most do. My thoughts are with her every moment of the day...