Respected Contributor

Re: So, we discussed black, how about white?

If you feel good in it, then it is right for you. I used to do some TV work and lots of speaking, and my stylist then told me not to wear white, which I didn't do, anyway, because I am one of those people whose adult teeth were never white due to taking lots of antibiotics as a child. I have had whitening, but my teeth still are not really white. So, if your teeth are not white, a white top will only emphasize That and make them look more dingy. 

Honored Contributor

When I was a young nurse and had to wear white to work I absolutely hated it. It was so difficult to stay clean all day. Now at 67 I love the way I look in white. When I was in High school I was a majorette and we wore a white wool uniform with gold ropes and hardware on it. It seemed to need dry cleaned every time I wore it, my Mom was constantly using spot cleaner on it, then I would complain that it smelled bad from the spot cleaner. Now I can appreciate what she went through to make me look nice.

Trusted Contributor

I own white denim bermudas, pedal pushers, and a broomstick skirt.  Since I live in the north, I strictly follow the Memorial Day to Labor Day rule for white bottoms.  My challenge is to keep them clean, so I don't wear them often.  I wear white tops under jackets and I like white t-shirts with navy and denim bottoms.  No white shoes or sandals.

I really enjoyed reading the thread about wearing black.  This one should be just as interesting.

Honored Contributor

@151949 Come on!  I'll bet you look lovely when you wear white (or any other color).  I've never paid any attention to size - color or any of those (I think) dumb ideas.

I love red and white together and black and white together.  I love color, color, color.  I'm a size XL and 1X.  I wear what makes ME feel good (and so should you).  I'm surprised in this day and age anyone would let society (because that's what you're doing) determine what freaking color (of anything) I'm going to wear.

I, personally, don't care for the color black.  I just think it's boring.  If someone wants to wear it, works for them.  I don't think it makes them look any different (OK, maybe less bright).  I prefer to see colors on people, but then that's just me. 

I wear anything I want and so should everyone here.  Good grief!

Trusted Contributor

I wear tons of white: jeans, ankle pants, crops, skirts, and so much more! It is a power color for me and really flatters my skin tone.

Super Contributor

I prefer to wear a white top or white bottom but not all white together.   Back in the day I was in the Navy.   The spring/summer uniform is all white.   Lots of fun for us gals.   I have a funny story about wearing my white uniform pants and not realizing that my white panties with the dark blue dots showed through my pants.   I am surprised that no one tried to play connect the dots.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Huh??   I must have missed something.  I have been a plus for most of my adult life, from a size 28 to a size 14 and every size in between.  I'm not a 16/18 where I intend to stay.  Never in plus size life have I heard or read that larger women should avoid white. 

Honored Contributor

Never was crazy about white shoes as an adult, but I do like a crisp white blouse and a pair of dark wash jeans. I also like wearing white jeans and capris after May 30th and for some reason I can keep them clean. This is the 3rd year for my white jeans and capris, don't have as much luck with T-shirts though.

Trusted Contributor

I love white!  Bright, stark white.  I do not wear it head to toe but own white tops and bottoms.

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I am a senior citizen, retired and live in Florida. I am also a plus sized woman and I proudly wear white. Yeah - shocking I know! Right now I am all ready to go out to dinner in my white capris, a mint green lace shark bite hem top and (gasp) white sandals. I am such the rebel. BTW for jewelry I am wearing a Lee Sands pearl and light green jade necklace, earrings and bracelet set I probably bought at the Q around 25 years ago.

I know some posters here are probably appalled by my choices - but I feel pretty.

Sounds like a really pretty outfit. Enjoy your dinner out!

Also some of the Lee Sands Jewelry is really beautiful! I still have some from QVC and the gold plating is still intact. I really wish we could continue to add to our collection....

Have you looked on E bay? Lots of new in the original box lee sands there.

Thanks for the tip! Great idea.....I love anything with jade so I will have to take a look..