Honored Contributor

So, we discussed black, how about white?

I am a senior citizen, retired and live in Florida. I am also a plus sized woman and I proudly wear white. Yeah - shocking I know! Right now I am all ready to go out to dinner in my white capris, a mint green lace shark bite hem top and (gasp) white sandals. I am such the rebel. BTW for jewelry I am wearing a Lee Sands pearl and light green jade necklace, earrings and bracelet set I probably bought at the Q around 25 years ago.

I know some posters here are probably appalled by my choices - but I feel pretty.

Honored Contributor

Re: So, we discussed black, how about white?

@151949 wrote:

I am a senior citizen, retired and live in Florida. I am also a plus sized woman and I proudly wear white. Yeah - shocking I know! Right now I am all ready to go out to dinner in my white capris, a mint green lace shark bite hem top and (gasp) white sandals. I am such the rebel. BTW for jewelry I am wearing a Lee Sands pearl and light green jade necklace, earrings and bracelet set I probably bought at the Q around 25 years ago.

I know some posters here are probably appalled by my choices - but I feel pretty.

If you saw me in white, you would be appalled. LOL! It just does not suit my coloring, but I admire those who can wear it , I'm sure you looked  very nice,

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Why is this even an issue? 

Respected Contributor

@151949  I think your outfit sounds beautiful.  I have one pair of white crop pants, one pair of white jeans and a pair of white sandals...all recently purchased.  I have never felt comfortable wearing white, but I'm branching out Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have an aversion to white pants because I just don't want to have to worry about my period showing up while I'm wearing white pants. I do like white though and I have a couple white tops.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I wear white tops alot. I don't own any white bottoms, but I used to wear them, got tired of how dirty they always got so quickly, lol. No white sandals either, but I do own white sneakers that I wear sometimes. BW, although I didn't post in the wearing black thread, I do also wear black tops and bottoms.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Sounds like a really pretty outfit. Enjoy your dinner out!

Also some of the Lee Sands Jewelry is really beautiful! I still have some from QVC and the gold plating is still intact. I really wish we could continue to add to our collection....

Respected Contributor

LOVE white bottoms in the summer but have very few white tops.

Respected Contributor

The only reason I don't wear much white is because any little bit of dirt will show.  I don't want to worry about what I'm sitting on, eating, drinking, etc.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am one of those rare persons who does not look good in ivory or any off-white near my face. I do better in optic white, not sure why.  And it really, really bothers me that after a very few wearings, white becomes another off-color.

I bought a beautiful white linen blouse with a blue linen maxi skirt at Chico's last year, wore them once, had them laundered professionally and put away in plastic sleeve.  I was going to wear that Sunday to a church get-together and the blouse was dingy.  I abandoned it and wore a black top and black/white maxi skirt.  I am feeling like I am relegated to wear black all season long.  

I plan to buy some bluing and try to see if laundering at home will return it to its whiteness.