Honored Contributor

Re: So, we discussed black, how about white?

@DoneTryin wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

I am one of those rare persons who does not look good in ivory or any off-white near my face. I do better in optic white, not sure why.  And it really, really bothers me that after a very few wearings, white becomes another off-color.

I bought a beautiful white linen blouse with a blue linen maxi skirt at Chico's last year, wore them once, had them laundered professionally and put away in plastic sleeve.  I was going to wear that Sunday to a church get-together and the blouse was dingy.  I abandoned it and wore a black top and black/white maxi skirt.  I am feeling like I am relegated to wear black all season long.  

I plan to buy some bluing and try to see if laundering at home will return it to its whiteness.

@NameAlreadyTaken: sorry about your blouse.  I've been told to never leave clothes in that plastic because the fabric needs air circulation.

I thought there weren't rules any more about clothes.  Wear white if you want to.

NAT:  Thank you for that advice.  Actually, I think my DIL said she does not leave her clothes in plastic because the bags pick up every bit of dust and lint, and I had forgotten that until now.  I will start removing them.  I wish they still used the paper bags.  

Super Contributor

ladyroxanne, I don't understand why you haven't worn your white jewelry yet. Would it look good with black, navy, hot pink or red? Seems like a shame if you really like the jewelry, you should show it off! Go for it.

Respected Contributor

I do not wear white too much. Not my best color if I do not have a tan - but, I do like white better on me more than say a beige. I have a pair of crop pants in white but really hardly wear them - not big on white bottoms as they just seem to get dirty so fast from any little thing. I do like a white top though with turquoise jewelry - I can pull that off as the turquoise acts like a color accent to offset the white.

-Texas Hill Country-
Super Contributor

ladyroxanne,

I don't understand why you haven't worn your white jewelry yet. Would it look good with black, navy, hot pink or red? Seems like a shame if you really like the jewelry, you should show it off! Go for it.

Esteemed Contributor

Why would anyone be appalled , your outfit sounds lovely.  You sound like you feel and look wonderful in your outfit and I bet you do.  As for me, I love white.  When I was younger I had this white winter dress that I loved and bought for Christmas, I actually was one of the first customers in town for the tanning salon back then.  

Trusted Contributor

Your outfit sounded very awesome........very Florida Chic and I hope you enjoyed your dinner. White looks awesome, cool and crisp and I bet you looked well put together along with your jewelry.. Wear what you want and enjoy it. Life is too short to worry about any fashion rules. As for myself I tend to wear whatever I eat at times LOL.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I wear white tops with some of my printed skirts in the spring and summer. I also have printed tops with white. I own a white skirt, white shorts, and white pants. A print top or solid looks good with white bottoms. I am not a fan of  white shoes or sneakers.  Btw I am over 50 with fair skin, dark blonde highlighted hair, and blue eyes. 

Super Contributor

White has always been my best "color!" I get compliments all of the time. I tend to wear white tops, love white button down shirts. Does something for my complexion which tends toward having a lot of pink in it. 

White though on my bottom is another story, lol. I am not overweight, but proportioned in a way that doesn't make it flattering for me. My shoulders are a bit narrower  than my hips, so unless I am wearing a tunic top to balance me out, I do not wear white bottoms. I am not a pear shape, more like a triangle! No heavy thighs at all! I wear Navy, Black and Brown for bottoms. My closet is full of those colors.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I wear white tops and bottoms. And I get compliments all the time.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

White and ivory aren't the best colors for my skintone.  I do wear white t-shirts in the summer but not that often.  And I"m not one for the white button front blouse.

I never wear white bottoms first because I end up getting them too dirty and second, because I just can't find any I like.  I'm not so much into white dressier pants but I'd love white jeans.  I see them on others and love them but can't find a pair I like on me.

I never wear white shoes or carry a white handbag.  Not a fan at all.