Honored Contributor

Re: So many deals everywhere! Are they different than last year? What have you gotten?

I don't know where you all live with the abnormally warm weather but I used to live in So Cal and if it was too warm on Christmas Eve I would crank up the AC so we could have a fire!!

I now live in the PNW - it about 45 degrees and sunny.  I have a lovely fire in the fireplace. 

Honored Contributor

Re: So many deals everywhere! Are they different than last year? What have you gotten?

@DiAnne wrote:

I don't know where you all live with the abnormally warm weather but I used to live in So Cal and if it was too warm on Christmas Eve I would crank up the AC so we could have a fire!!

I now live in the PNW - it about 45 degrees and sunny.  I have a lovely fire in the fireplace. 

*********************************************************I get numerious emails daily offering me everything at such deep discounts they seem rather desperate.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Honestly, I don't remember.

I've been to the mall twice in two weeks and outerwear is definitely on sale.

Short of some slippers and easy spirit clogs on sale, I haven't been that interested in shopping.

The only email that I am kicking myself for deleting was the recent 20% off at HSN last week.

They have a necklace I want but I am patient, if nothing else.  It will either be there or it won't the next time they send me an email.

*********************************************I can tell you having been five years in retail after teaching, outerware is discounted so that they don't have to loose the extra 10% lost when they drop it to 70%.  Right now it's 50% plus a 20 or 25% coupon.  Don't add the two together, do one THEN the other, they reap more dollars!

Esteemed Contributor

We had a hot and dry summer; a drought actually, but that went away quickly by September, October, November, and December as we've had plenty of rain in Vancouver, B.C. I don't think that there's been super discounts on outerwear yet and even if there was, the low CDN dollar made all the fall clothing a lot more expensive than last year. The discounts are steep enough to entice me to buy a winter coat, I already have plenty.

When I look through the clothes I've bought this fall they are 3/4 sleeve sharkbite tops by Nygard and a few pairs of skinny jeans along with some ballet flats. I did buy a couple of nice lace tunic tops to wear for the holidays too. The only winter item that I bought was a faux fur vest which was a clearance item from last winter. Everything else has been seasonless.

Usually in Canada the deep discounts start after Christmas on Boxing Day (December 26) so I'll wait until after Christmas to buy myself any more clothes.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

We had a hot and dry summer; a drought actually, but that went away quickly by September, October, November, and December as we've had plenty of rain in Vancouver, B.C. I don't think that there's been super discounts on outerwear yet and even if there was, the low CDN dollar made all the fall clothing a lot more expensive than last year. The discounts are steep enough to entice me to buy a winter coat, I already have plenty.

When I look through the clothes I've bought this fall they are 3/4 sleeve sharkbite tops by Nygard and a few pairs of skinny jeans along with some ballet flats. I did buy a couple of nice lace tunic tops to wear for the holidays too. The only winter item that I bought was a faux fur vest which was a clearance item from last winter. Everything else has been seasonless.

Usually in Canada the deep discounts start after Christmas on Boxing Day (December 26) so I'll wait until after Christmas to buy myself any more clothes.

*****************************************I was a stylest for Nyguard in the first store I worked in after teaching (and where I ruined my back!).  Love that brand!  If we sold three, we got one of our choice from our Ladies Ready To Wear manager!  I still order his belts and get compliments whenever I wear them!