Frequent Contributor

Well, apparently if you have something in your cart to buy, someone else can take it out.  I had a Halston jacket in my cart and when I went to buy it, it disappeared.  I called customer service and was told that once you put something in your cart you have to buy it fast because someone else can take it out of your cart.  QVC just keeps getting better and better - NOT!!

Honored Contributor

Wow, never heard of that.   I did think it could only remain in your cart for an hour and then it drops out.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Blackcatmom wrote:

Well, apparently if you have something in your cart to buy, someone else can take it out.  I had a Halston jacket in my cart and when I went to buy it, it disappeared.  I called customer service and was told that once you put something in your cart you have to buy it fast because someone else can take it out of your cart.  QVC just keeps getting better and better - NOT!!

@Blackcatmom 

How long was it in your cart?  In the past an item in your cart was safe for an hour - I wonder if that’s changed. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

All the shopping channels does that. QVC is not the only one doing that. I watch HSN and ShopHQ and the host will tell you that the order is not complete until you submit the order,,placing it in the cart is not always a good idea if the item is selling fast. If it is an item I want i complete the order.

Trusted Contributor

I think the "someone" is QVC who puts it back in their inventory and then, yes, someone else can purchase it.  No actual customer is taking it from your cart.  QVC has a statement at the bottom of the order page that states items will remain in the cart for up to one hour.  

Honored Contributor

I've never had anything removed from my cart but, then, I either buy it or remove it before an hour has elapsed.   The page where items are put in the cart clearly states they'll be held for one hour.   I don't understand, therefore, why this would be frustrating.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

This seems to be standing procedure everywhere.  If you haven't paid for it yet, it isn't yours.  I lost an item or two on HSN while I was in the process of checking out.

It will not remain in your cart for one hour if the item is close to selling out.  If they have a ready buyer, it will be sold.

Valued Contributor

this is with any retail place....not just the Q. 

Honored Contributor

When you add something to your cart, a statement pops up indicating items remain in your cart for 1 hour. 

Honored Contributor

I think that CS rep may have given you incorrect info.

Just yesterday I put an item in my cart (before it sold out), got distracted by phone calls, etc., realized it had been almost an hour and put something else in my cart to keep it 'active', while I looked for reviews on the item I wanted.

I spent over an hour researching/reading reviews from various sites, but as long as there was some activity in my cart (putting items in or taking them out), the item I wanted remained.

Several hours later once I was satisfied, it remained in my cart and I bought it even though it was sold out.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.