Esteemed Contributor

Re: So disappointed in QVC, tried of receiving "off sized" clothing and "worn" items

On 4/8/2015 Chrystaltree said:

....it can't be all that bad, you continue buying from a company that you claim isn't working for you. Your story reminds me of the definition of insanity which is doing the same thing over and over and over again.....and expecting a different result. Shopping channels are wonderful but they aren't for everyone. Watch...don't buy.

Did you not bother to read the OP's post? She said: "QVC had me over a barrel, they are the only company selling the Clarks Marigold sandal this year, I had no other choice, but to keep trying, I needed the Sand (neutral color) very much. I am disabled, this sandal is the only sandal I have found I can wear to walk on my own and still have some level of style. I now have 5 pairs of this specific style because they afford me so much stability."

It's only my personal opinion, but I think you're way too strong in your criticism of the OP. In fact, I find your comment insulting, as I have had some of the same problems in sizing inconsistencies in the last couple of years. I haven't bought any clothes in a while due to that problem, but I took a chance on the QF TSV, and sure enough, one was sized correctly, the others were not.

I guess you're not limited in your movement or stability the way this poster apparently is, so you have the luxury of shopping wherever you want. However, she said QVC is the only place she can find this particular sandal. It might be nice to have a little compassion for another person's dilemma.

To the OP: Your post seems heartfelt, and I certainly understand where you're coming from. QVC definitely needs to do something about quality control, and I'm sorry some of the comments to you have been so harsh.

Honored Contributor

Re: So disappointed in QVC, tried of receiving "off sized" clothing and "worn" items

I ordered Lori Goldstein Bermuda shorts and they arrived with one leg longer than the other.You can see the problem when the garment is folded so how can they ship this stuff out.I think it is next to impossible to buy clothing without trying on these days.
Honored Contributor

I would email Clarks and ask them if they have a pair of new in your size, style. Would be worth it, even if it's more expensive.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

On 4/8/2015 kmax said:

QVC was never CVN. CVN was purchased by QVC in 1989. When you start a complaint off with incorrect information it kind of taints your whole message.

Wow. That was awfully snarky. She made a small (and unimportant) mistake. Give her a break.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

On 4/8/2015 kmax said:

QVC was never CVN. CVN was purchased by QVC in 1989. When you start a complaint off with incorrect information it kind of taints your whole message.

</ Taints the whole message? What an absurd statement.

Super Contributor

....it can't be all that bad, you continue buying from a company that you claim isn't working for you. Your story reminds me of the definition of insanity which is doing the same thing over and over and over again.....and expecting a different result. Shopping channels are wonderful but they aren't for everyone. Watch...don't buy.

The only insanity here is your post.
Honored Contributor

Shopping channels want to be for everyone,the more shoppers the better for corporate profits.
New Contributor

I appreciate all of you that looked beyond the CVN statement. it was just a miscommunication, in other words, one replaced the other on my cable co with the same hosts and the same concept. I'm a very old lady that happened nearly 30 yrs ago. To those of you who attacked, I am sorry your life is so miserable you have to always point out when someone makes a faux pas. Bottom line; things aren't what they used to be. I knew I was not alone in receiving used things and off sized clothing. It would be ashamed if a company as big as QVC saw its downfall because of very poor quality control. It has happened before with companies like Sears and J.C. Penney, they are barely holding on in the marketplace. Sometimes getting too big can really change a company, and not for the good, what once was great. To those of you who mention calling Clarks directly, I did, spoke to their quality control, said they would pass on the information to those who matter. Whatever that means? Finally, it is only by sounding off, in a diplomatic way, to the company by enough of us folks for a co, hopefully, to rethink/realign what they are doing and get back the trust they once earned, but now is faltering with their customer base. Most people will just go away, say nothing, find a new source and then others hope for the type of quality control that once existed. Thanks again to those of you who have been in my place, I am sorry you have been, but you do understand the frustration. I am really surprised the "haters" didn't catch that I spelled Tired as tried, oh well, I would correct it if there was an edit key for the original post, but alas, it will stand as another faux pas.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/8/2015 kittymomNC said:

Did you not bother to read the OP's post? She said: "QVC had me over a barrel, they are the only company selling the Clarks Marigold sandal this year, I had no other choice, but to keep trying, I needed the Sand (neutral color) very much. I am disabled, this sandal is the only sandal I have found I can wear to walk on my own and still have some level of style. I now have 5 pairs of this specific style because they afford me so much stability."

It's only my personal opinion, but I think you're way too strong in your criticism of the OP. In fact, I find your comment insulting, as I have had some of the same problems in sizing inconsistencies in the last couple of years. I haven't bought any clothes in a while due to that problem, but I took a chance on the QF TSV, and sure enough, one was sized correctly, the others were not.

I guess you're not limited in your movement or stability the way this poster apparently is, so you have the luxury of shopping wherever you want. However, she said QVC is the only place she can find this particular sandal. It might be nice to have a little compassion for another person's dilemma.

To the OP: Your post seems heartfelt, and I certainly understand where you're coming from. QVC definitely needs to do something about quality control, and I'm sorry some of the comments to you have been so harsh.

Well said!! Agree totally.
Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Frequent Contributor

Re: So disappointed in QVC, tried of receiving "off sized" clothing and "worn" i

I also have noticed a lot of used clothes being shipped despite paying full price